PDA

View Full Version : Montana High Country 343RL bedroom slide issue

RubyDually
08-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi, brand new to this forum here....

On the bottom of the bedroom slide on our 2012 Montana HC 343RL there is a plastic sheet that shattered on us when in storage last winter. This sheet covers the entire bottom of the slide where the rollers supporting the slide run over it when the slide it extending/retracting.

Keystone sent me a new sheet but suggested I take the trailer to a dealer or service center as they said the slide will likely have to be removed to change out the sheet.

My question are:

Has anyone had to change this sheet on their HC and did the slide have to be removed to do so?

What kind of hours labour am I looking at to remove and replace the slide?

I have a couple of other issues but will post other threads for those.

Thanks.

WaltBennett
08-21-2014, 02:46 PM
There's been a few posts on this issue on the MOC forums. Several people just used staples and Gorilla tape, but I think someone did have to have the slide pulled to replace the plastic. No idea what the cost was. They've still got problems at ForumCo (the host for the forum) so I don't know if the search function works to find the posts.

RubyDually
08-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Thank you Walt I went over to the MOC and found the thread you mentioned. Search engine worked BTW.

The others over there mentioned it so I'm leaning towards cutting out the bad section and fitting in the new stuff myself without having the slide removed.