PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Brake Controller Display not working

Chippewa93
08-19-2014, 06:00 PM
I have a Pilot Trailer Brake Control that had a digital display. I just switched vehicles and the display is no longer working. The brakes feel like they are working but there are no lights on, on the Control Unit. Is this an issue that is common, should I be worried?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

poncho62
08-20-2014, 05:45 AM
Trouble is, without the display, you dont know what your settings are etc......I would look into it.

chuckster57
08-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Your best bet I think would be contacting Tekonsha.

http://www.tekonsha.com/products/brake-controllers/timed-controllers/pilot-for-1-to-3-axle-trailers/TzaIxkVx1cLVvNCX3%7CKH4KJop4KcInhI

JRTJH
08-20-2014, 07:58 AM
I have a Pilot Trailer Brake Control that had a digital display. I just switched vehicles and the display is no longer working. The brakes feel like they are working but there are no lights on, on the Control Unit. Is this an issue that is common, should I be worried?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your statement that you switched vehicles and the display is no longer working would lead me to think that you've got something miswired. I'd suggest you go back and doublecheck how you've wired the brake controller to your new vehicle.

If checking your wiring doesn't lead to a fix, then contacting Tekonsha would also be my suggestion.

Good Luck