PDA

View Full Version : 238ML Ducted A/C?

Tbos
08-17-2014, 05:11 PM
I noticed the brochure chart and picture show the 238ML as having ducted A/C. The brochure appears to have been printed in Jan 2014. My TT was built in Feb 2014. Does anyone out there have ducted A/C in their 238ML? Thanks.

BirchyBoy
08-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Not on mine. Built in Feb 2014.

Edit: Pics of the 2015 model don't have ducted A/C.

wayfun
08-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Apparently Keystone has a pattern of misleading customers with their marketing material. They indicated that the optional bedroom AC was ducted on my new Laredo. It wasn't. Their web site and a big poster in my unit when I received it both indicated the ducted system. They featured as one of many features of the Laredos. When I called Keystone they told me they were never ducted. Had I known that I would not have bought the second unit. Very misleading.

Dennis

Tbos
08-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the responses. I appreciate them.

Festus2
08-19-2014, 06:45 AM
On their current website, the main A/C for the Laredo is listed as being ducted but the 2nd and optional A/C to the bedroom does not have the "ducted" notation. Keystone's website and brochures are not always up-to-date, however.

wayfun
08-19-2014, 10:15 AM
On their current website, the main A/C for the Laredo is listed as being ducted but the 2nd and optional A/C to the bedroom does not have the "ducted" notation. Keystone's website and brochures are not always up-to-date, however.

That's correct. In the list of features the mentioned a ducted AC system and the option of a second AC in the bedroom. However, in their list of 17 Top Laredo features they show a poster describing their Racetack AC system with a graphic representation with two AC units. See the attached file. I, and I think any reasonable person would take that to mean that both units were tied to the duct work. In fact, this poster was in my trailer when I picked it up. Very misleading.

Dennis

Festus2
08-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Look at the brochure and the Race Track A/C system schematic, it does appear, at first glance, that one A/C is tied into the other and that both are ducted. However, there is, in brackets below, "Super-lite FW and TT". I'm not sure whether or not the Laredos discussed here are "superlite", but your point is well-taken.

wayfun
08-19-2014, 11:55 AM
I went back and checked the Laredo site again and in the Laredo line they only show Travel Trailers, Super Lite Fifth Wheels ant Fifth Wheels. So, from the brochure I would expect that the TT and super lite 5th would have the "race track" system and the standard 5th wheel would not. I wasted $625 on the second unit.

Dennis http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/20/4yqa7u5a.jpg