PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone NP-Fishing Bridge CG

Sparky
08-10-2014, 01:56 PM
We have reservations at Fishing Bridge campground for 12 days starting Sept 1, 2014. How is the campground?

hankaye
08-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Sparky, Howdy;

Here's the reviews ... scroll down till you see it...
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Wyoming/Yellowstone_National_Park.html
Be sure to check your heater for good operation and pack your long-johns. I was in West
Yellowstone in mid June and we had snow! Summer is a very short season around there.

hankaye

Laredo291OH
08-10-2014, 04:14 PM
As in real estate, location, location, location. That, reservations and full hookups are about all this campground has going for it. We were there in mid July. The sites are extremely close together, we cleared the pedestal by about 2" with our slide and the camper behind us by about 6" with the door for our outdoor kitchen. The door for the outdoor kitchen also opened into a pine tree. There are no picnic tables or fire rings. Saw a 5-ver that the door opened directly into a tree, it was there only choice though. We never even opened our awning, never got out our chairs or anything else. It rained a couple of days and the puddles are huge (ashpalt i breaking up really bad, potholes are the size of elephant graves), the one day the 5' diameter puddle was directly under our steps when we returned to our camper. Can't comment on the showers, only used our camper. Wife used the laundry, the dryers seemed really slow. You will get to see lots of buffalo though.

Brantlaker
08-13-2014, 08:45 AM
The DW and I went there a few years ago and spent a week.Yes the sites are close and the road is bad but we only camped there to sleep at nite. Most of the attractions are 40-50 miles away so we packed a lunch and left about 9 and did not get back until after 8 at nite. We would eat at one of the cafeterias and attend one of the nite programs. Cooking out is a pain as the grill and all garbage have to be secured at nite in a locked compartment because of Bears. It was a very memorable trip both going out and the return trip. We were 5 weeks on the road.

Jca3
08-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Fishing bridge has the hard sides rule for a reason. We went in late May one year (opening weekend) and the animals have not headed back to the wilderness yet. We were in the lower part because in Yellowstone they just add you to the next available spot. Very close in. Our trailer nearly touching the one behind and if you have slides with another beside they will be very close.
We noticed the top section had no people so asked if we could move up there. They said sure so we went up top where we were alone except for a motorhome.
I had just lit the BBQ and out walked momma Griz and baby from the trees behind us. I told my husband "bear" but didn't want to yell as I headed for the trailer door. He's hard of hearing so didn't react quite as quick. I finally got his attention and the guy from Maryland up a few spots had not seen it yet. DH yelled "bear" so he could be aware we had company. He was fixing his satellite dish with his back to it. The bear was unconcerned about us. Just was there to eat the new green grass. She and baby stuck around for about an hour with me taking photos from the safety of the trailer. Baby played with pine cones and hid "peek-a-boo" from mom. After she left the guy from Maryland came by and said, "I can't believe they allow bears in the campground." I said, "well you are in their territory not the other way around."
:o
I wouldn't stay there for 12 days if I were you. Take in all the sites of Yellowstone then head down to the Tetons. Some of the most beautiful country in the world and nicer camping. We stay at signal mountain on Jackson Lake but big rigs might have trouble getting into the spots. Jenny Lake is only for tents. There are also many private places including a ranch that I hear is really good.

homer3
08-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Yes, Yellowstone is nice, unfortunately it is not user friendly. Spent some time there a few years back (July) at Fishing Bridge. Designated as Hard Sid, campground only because of the availability of four legged friends. Campsites were very close together, like loafs of bread. Hard to back into. If you decide to go be sure you go online and sign up for bus tours. We were able to see more of Yellowstone this way and avoid all the driving. On a average all the sight seeing highlights in Yellowstone are at least a good hour or more drive from Fishing Bridge. I'm in no hurry to get back there. I would rather go back to Black Hills area of South Dakota. If you do go forget all the attached blog and go and have a good time.

Sparky
08-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Thank you everybody for the info. We re on the road now. After Yellowstone we will go south to the Tetons then into southern UT and north rim of the Grand canyon.
Travel Safe!(tx)

Jca3
08-18-2014, 05:03 AM
You will love the Tetons and southern Utah is something everyone should see. Amazing country. Have a great time.

suza
08-18-2014, 07:31 AM
RV's close together is good. Less room for bears :D You know, "circle the wagons!"

Yellowstone is a beautiful place to visit, but definitely not camper friendly.

curlyfungirl
08-20-2014, 04:26 AM
We have reservations at Fishing Bridge campground for 12 days starting Sept 1, 2014. How is the campground?

Its like camping in an overcrowded parking lot.