PDA

View Full Version : Pull Rite Sliding Hitch

Canada Goose
08-10-2014, 04:15 AM
Although I have been travel trailering for four years I have just acquired a new Avalanche 355RK fifth wheel. I tow with a 2104 F250 gas.
When I move forward from a stop my hitch clunks. I can hear it with the windows up. Is this normal?
I think its the pin moving in the coupling?
Any thoughts

MarkS
08-10-2014, 05:54 AM
There is an adjustment bolt on the front of the hitch. The manual gives adjustment instructions. Basically you tighten, unhitched, to take the play out of the hitch.

halfprice
08-10-2014, 07:18 AM
Also check your brake settings someone suggested to slightly increase the setting. I was hearing the clunks also. Bumped the brake setting uo .5 and it stopped. Idn why but it worked

halfprice
08-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Btw I checked the adjustment bolt first. The hitch was snug up against it so I tried tge brake adjustment

Bill & Deb
08-10-2014, 09:07 AM
Although I have been travel trailering for four years I have just acquired a new Avalanche 355RK fifth wheel. I tow with a 2104 F250 gas.
When I move forward from a stop my hitch clunks. I can hear it with the windows up. Is this normal?
I think its the pin moving in the coupling?
Any thoughts
Canada Goose

The others have already stated the adjustment bolt.

I had the same problem so I talked to the Pullrite rep at the Tampa RV show in January. He mentioned two things, the nut must be adjusted so it takes two hands to put it back into centre position and to clean the rails and only use WD 40 on them. Since then, no problems at all. Hitch use to move when not connected to the trailer.

Cheers
Bill

Canada Goose
08-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Thank you for the info. I have adjusted my hitch bolt. It now does not flop around on the rails. Will test towing this Friday. Thx again