PDA

View Full Version : Bunk Beds

McClure
08-09-2014, 08:55 PM
I am trying to remove the upper bunk bed in the back of my Laredo Keystone so that I can have more storage room. I was doing great until I hit the frame of that bugger. What I need to know is this, is that frame part of any structural component for the camper? I have not been able to find any schematics online for the camper so...

Thanks

Leon

chuckster57
08-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Shouldn't be. Look for Roberts head (square) screws through the bed frame into the walls.

McClure
08-10-2014, 08:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing but when I saw how that thing was put together it looks like the camper was built around it. I have removed all but three of those screws and the frame does not want to move. When I can get a battery for my camera I will post a pic of those remaining three screws because I have no idea how to get them out.

chuckster57
08-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Okay. I remember taking out a set of rear bunks (not a keystone) for a washer and dryer a few months ago. Seems like I remember a couple of screws from the outside, not the exterior but from the outside of the frame prior to exterior skin being installed. We used a pry bar and gently pulled the frame out, then cut and ground the screw threads. Used some molding to cover the holes.