PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Issue?

Cindy_N_Gary
08-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Hello All,

Got back from a 3800 mile trip to Maine, DC and Virginia a couple of weeks ago with our 2012 Cougar 26SAB. We were unhitching in the driveway to do our normal post-trip clean up.

The DW pointed out that the X-chock would not fit on the passenger side. Normally the chocks slip right back in for tightening since they were loose when removed. The driver side fit fine but we had to adjust the passenger side to get it to fit. Tried both chocks, same issue. It's apparent that the wheel centers are closer together on that side for some reason. Crawled all around underneath and couldn't see anything broken, loose, etc. The trailer seems to be tracking fine going down the road.

Is there a suspension lube point I'm missing somewhere that could be causing the problem?

bg71361
08-08-2014, 06:46 AM
Just a thought; had you just done a tight turning maneuver parking the fiver?

Cindy_N_Gary
08-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Not that I can think of. The chock was removed normally at our last campsite in Virginia. Pulled it home to Indiana on the last day only stopping for gas.

hankaye
08-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Cindy_N_Gary, Howdy;

I think that what bg71361 was asking is, if you had made a
turn or even a straightening maneuver and just stopped, without
moving the RV back and forth in a straight line several feet to
'relax' the suspension, then you may have affected spacing of
the suspension.

hankaye

bg71361
08-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Cindy_N_Gary, Howdy;

I think that what bg71361 was asking is, if you had made a
turn or even a straightening maneuver and just stopped, without
moving the RV back and forth in a straight line several feet to
'relax' the suspension, then you may have affected spacing of
the suspension.

hankaye

Yes! Thanks for clarifying. Just concerned with when you parked it at home.

Bluewater
08-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Have you checked for wear of your spring eye bushings? This what mine looked like with about the same mileage as your rig.

Cindy_N_Gary
08-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Yes! Thanks for clarifying. Just concerned with when you parked it at home.

OK, I understand. No, it wasn't in any bind parked at home. I pulled it last weekend to a local state park and saw the same thing there. Pulled it back to the driveway yesterday and the problem is still there.

Cindy_N_Gary
08-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Have you checked for wear of your spring eye bushings? This what mine looked like with about the same mileage as your rig.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look at the bushings more closely when I crawl under there later today. If they're worn out I would expect that to be a warranty issue. Just bought the camper new in the Spring of '13. It was the last '12 on the lot.