PDA

View Full Version : Hitch recommendation for Bullet 248RKS

PEP49
08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
I just bought a used Bullet 248RKS and will be towing with a 2013 Silverado Z71 4x4 with the trailering package. Any recommendations for a weight distribution hitch?

dirt33
08-09-2014, 08:00 PM
I use this hitch to pull a Bullet 246. Works great for me, the trailer pulls straight and easy. Not saying this is necessarily "the best hitch ever made", but I am certainly satisfied with it. Very easy to hookup.

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/shop/e2-hitch/

filmtex
08-10-2014, 07:46 AM
I use this hitch to pull a Bullet 246. Works great for me, the trailer pulls straight and easy. Not saying this is necessarily "the best hitch ever made", but I am certainly satisfied with it. Very easy to hookup.

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/shop/e2-hitch/

That's what we use too. Works great and it's pretty easy to use- even for someone as inexperienced as I am!

PEP49
08-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the input. The previous owner is including a hitch with chains, but I would prefer one without. I'll check out the E-2. I towed a 5th wheel back in the early 90's but towing a TT will be a new experience.

Filmtex, thanks for your service. Our time overlapped, I was in the Navy from 1968 - 1974.

JimQ
08-11-2014, 01:44 AM
I use the Equalizer hitch for my Bullet 248RKS. Love it. Enjoy your new purchase!!

tailpipe
08-11-2014, 04:45 AM
I also use the E2 easy to use trailer handles great. I had a Blue Ox and sold it with the last trailer, it is also a great hitch. Both are easy to use and trailer no sway and neither depended on a friction type sway bar which you want to stay away from

austex
08-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I also use the E2 easy to use trailer handles great. I had a Blue Ox and sold it with the last trailer, it is also a great hitch. Both are easy to use and trailer no sway and neither depended on a friction type sway bar which you want to stay away from

To clarify, the E2 hitch does indeed use friction as anti-sway, but it is integral to the weight-bar design, not a separate, add-on device as with some hitches.

Tom

filmtex
08-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the input. The previous owner is including a hitch with chains, but I would prefer one without. I'll check out the E-2. I towed a 5th wheel back in the early 90's but towing a TT will be a new experience.

Filmtex, thanks for your service. Our time overlapped, I was in the Navy from 1968 - 1974.

My pleasure-same to you. Where were you stationed. I did most of my time aboard WWII destroyers training reserves in San Diego. We're headed there Saturday to visit our son on HIS destroyer and take a ride later in the week,