PDA

View Full Version : Television while travelling

smokeater
08-05-2014, 01:31 PM
In our current TT I lay the television on the bed while travelling. We are getting a new Premier 30 repr with a rear television. Should I do the same with it or is it ok to leave in place? My concern is there is a lot of shaking goin on at the very back of these trailers, especially on roads of dubious quality.
Any advice/experience would be welcome....

BirchyBoy
08-05-2014, 01:35 PM
If it's anything like my 238ML, it's mounted very securely. There is a rubber bungee cord that holds it against the upper cabinet. It swings out on a bracket and exposes a cubby hole.

GaryWT
08-05-2014, 04:17 PM
As long as it is mounted well I would go with it. For tv's that I added I travelled with them on the beds but if they come installed then I leave them.

MarkS
08-05-2014, 04:59 PM
If the tv is on an arm bracket, make sure you have a strap to keep the tv tight against the wall. If the arm extends and bounces, that's when you are likely to break something.

gurlcruza67
08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
We take our tv in the bedroom down because we just don't trust the wall mounts with all the bouncing around while traveling. Just to be on the safe side.

mom2budnbug
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Our Bullet came with straps to hold the TV in place while traveling. The Premier may too.

Seth
08-07-2014, 04:51 AM
I would say that it depends on the size of the television. If it's a 50 inch screen and it's easy to remove then I would do it. If it's a 19 or even 27 inch screen those are pretty light.

smokeater
08-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Thanks for all the input. I'll have to see what the setup is when I get the trailer, hopefully we can leave it up.......

logspec1
08-07-2014, 05:31 PM
We have had our 30REPR for 2 months now and love it. The TV is mounted very well and I leave it where it is and it is fine. The only caution I have is to be sure to have it pushed all the way back in the entertainment center before closing the slides. Do wish they had made more room for a 32 inch TV though. The 29 is fine but I have only found one company that makes a 29 inch smart TV. Plenty of room for the entertainment center to have been a little wider.