PDA

View Full Version : Battery shut off

Big Bear
08-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Being some what new to this new exciting sport of RV is great. We just purchased a 3155rl and love it. My question is once we are plugged into a site with power can we or should we turn off the battery power?
Thanks

floatflyer
08-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Whew! I was wondering what caliber gun it took to shoot the battery off a rig.

floatflyer
08-04-2014, 07:26 PM
You can turn off the batteries but most folks don't. The converter is a smart charger and won't overcharge the batteries. Shore power will run the 110 V. appliances like microwave and everything plugged into an outlet and the 12 V. stuff like lights, furnace blower, etc. If the power fails you will still have lights, etc. I changed all lights to LED which use much less juice and last almost forever.

kellydog98
08-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Leave the battery shut off in the on position until your back home and shut it all down. your rig has the smart charger which will watch your possible 'overcharge'. Pluse, if the batteries were low, leaving the shut off in the 'on' position will make sure they are recharged appropriately. Good Luck and happy camping.

Yosemitebob
08-04-2014, 09:39 PM
It will not hurt the battery at all to just leave it plugged in. I never shut mine off until the day I store it.

Big Bear
08-05-2014, 04:33 AM
Isn't driving the freeways a sport? Hell it is in Utah. Thanks to all replys

GaryWT
08-05-2014, 05:44 AM
My battery is connected from April to Nov. Highways can be fun but towing is one of my favorite things. I love just tooling down the road with the trailer.

Yosemitebob
08-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Highways can be fun but towing is one of my favorite things. I love just tooling down the road with the trailer.

I hear ya "bouncey: