PDA

View Full Version : New Member New Springdale

kingji
01-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Just became a new member. I recently purchased a new Springdale 279. I may have a few guestions for some of you current Keystone Springdale owners.
Thanks

DAF
01-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Congratulations on your Springdale and welcome to the club! You will find that this is a very friendly and informative forum for Keystone owners. The Springdale I own has a similar living area although it is a TT model. That's what sold us to this floorplan. Happy RVing!:)

antiqfreq
01-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Congrats on your new purchase.

And, welcome to our forum.

We are here to help should you have any questions.

Jo/
:D

cdevill
01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
In Sept I bought a 296BHSSR, I'm sure you'll find all the answers you need on here.

winfan
01-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Welcome...Congratulations on your Springdale. I'm a second time Springdale ower. I'm sure you will enjoy and will find help to any question.

ultralight
01-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Just became a new member. I recently purchased a new Springdale 279. I may have a few guestions for some of you current Keystone Springdale owners.
Thanks

Welcome aboard. We almost purchased a 279, but my wife wanted bunk beds in case the kids wanted to bring a friend. I liked the layout a lot.

Retired_Jim
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of useful information over time and a wealth of past threads about issues and mods you can use. We are owners for 10 months of a new TT Springdale 266 and love it.

Springdale 298
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey Jim. From your Pic looks like you have a Maxx Air turbo on your Spingdale. I'm thinking of installing one, but I only have wiring to my bath vent. We have a bath vent with small exhaust fan from factory, one vent in bunkhouse area (rear)and one vent in the bedroom (front). Did you have wiring to other standard roof vents or did you run new wiring?

Retired_Jim
01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Springdale 298. What you see is a Maxx Air Fan Mate vent (a rain cover for High Powered Ceiling fans) installed over a Fan-tastic Remote Control Fan. This originally was only a plain ceiling vent with no power. I had a dealer install the new fan and cover by running a new wire a foot or two to the nearby factory installed bedroom light. As long as there is a nearby wire installation was not expensive to get power. At the time I had heard about some reliability concerns with the newer Turbo/maxx ventilator fan and was encouraged toward the Fan-tastic vent fan line. The cover allows us to open the vent for ventilation while in storage and the fan and vent handles the high speed air flow. Works great.

Springdale 298
01-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks Jim. I'll check with our local dealer on getting that wired to the nearby light. Glad I found this site...it will only make our units better.