PDA

View Full Version : new camper

Marvin123
07-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Just bought a Keystone Sprinter. Getting ready to take it out for its initial outing.This is our first purchase. What's the one thing we need that everyone forgets to bring. I like being prepared. Thanks for all suggestions.(tx)

KanTC
07-31-2014, 02:51 PM
:wlcm: Marvin.
Here's a "New Owner Checklist" that you can compare to your packing list ;)
http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9915

Don't forget to pack a little bit of patience & your sense of humor... go!, have fun & relax! :D

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

Ken / Claudia
07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Be patient, bring that thought, take your time loading/hooking up and driving. Being prepared is good, check and double check the truck and trailer before pulling out of the driveway. Than enjoy camping and have fun.

Tbos
08-01-2014, 03:37 AM
Patience is the best thing to bring. There are always little things. Most nice campgrounds have a store that can fill in the gaps for you. Don't forget to let plenty of water run when you flush. It is needed to help break everything down. Have fun.

bsmith0404
08-01-2014, 03:59 AM
Towels, toothbrush, swimsuit....the typical stuff that you forget when staying in a hotel. Don't forget to check the lug nuts on the wheels before you tow anywhere. There are a couple different threads on here about people who have made that mistake and lost a wheel. Probably the most important thing, similar to what others have said, DO NOT get in a hurry. If you rush, you will miss something, that becomes a safety issue. Anything you forget can be purchased at your destination, safety items will keep you from ever getting there.

Randy_K
08-01-2014, 05:43 AM
For us the DW does the inside and I do the outside. Be sure the glass plate in the microwave is wrapped in a towel & the doors including the fridge & shower are all locked for travel. The TV antennas tend to get ripped off a lot as well.

Once we are ready to move and lights and everything is checked the DW get in the truck and I walk around the trailer. I look for anything overhead as well as all around the truck trailer before moving. I am now on vacation and slow down and enjoy the adventure.

Have fun.

PS,,, Steak and beer. Wine to toast the first trip :)

sherri330
08-02-2014, 02:25 AM
We keep our tt packed during camping season. The only thing we have to load before a trip is some clothes and food. I've never forgotten any of the clothes I wanted to bring, but I almost always forget something in the food category. I now plan my menu and write down all of the ingredients. Then I check them off as I load them in the fridge and cabinets. Like everyone else has said, you can get most things at the camp store. Good Luck and have a great time!

bsmith0404
08-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Not to mention you can't really go anywhere in this country anymore where a Walmart isn't a short drive away.

koko
08-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Like most here, we leave everything packed except food and clothing. Things we forgot the first few times: a first aid kit is important; a good lantern, especially if you camp in the middle of nowhere; AA and AAA batteries; a few canned goods for emergencies (soup, fruit, green beans, baked beans are in the camper at all times); extra blankets (we like down because it's light and warm); mosquito spray; sewing kit. Make a list as you go - after the third time out you'll have everything you need.

Camping Gator
08-04-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm sure this response is too late for you, but spend the fist night driveway camping at home. You will figure out some things you need this way. And, it allows you to be sure camper items work before leaving home. Develop your own check list, using some of the suggestions above. As far as cooking, I like to mix spices for dishes I plan to cook and store them in plastic baggies. I likewise do this for flour or pancake mix. It is easier to measure out at home and you will not need to store as many spices that will age.

Kristi
08-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Pen & paper to write down anything you might need next trip & to take notes about the campground such as what other sites you like or don't like for future trips

Sent from my iPad

logspec1
08-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Learn from my mistake and make sure your faucets are off and make sure the stopper is open. Hooked up the water other day and by the time I got inside my bathroom was flooded. The cold water valve was turned on a little and the granddaughter had put stuff in the sink so it would not move around but did not know she closed the stopper also. Was a fun start to our weekend. But as stated earlier, we brought our sense of humor and got over it and had a great time :)

kellydog98
08-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Wood, 2x4, 4x4, 6x6, 2x6. You will find a need for wood. To level, block up the rear stabelizers, under front supports, to chock tires, etc. Wood is the one thing I've told all new owners to bring. Welcome to the friendliest bunch of people you'll ever find across america. Good Luck and Good Camping!

LuvsPalmTrees
08-13-2014, 08:57 AM
I agree with the pen and paper. We have been camping for 26 years and I always keep pen and paper in the trailer. I write down things that we run out of so that we can pack it before we go again. We leave the trailer loaded for the season - put in clothes and refrigerator goods when we leave for a trip. I make an inventory list I keep on the computer, print it out and check off what I have, need, bring or buy. You will figure out what you need to bring to make your little slice of heaven yours.

Always bring patience and sense of humor beer and/or wine and enjoy! Camping is for rest and relaxation.

JeffS
08-17-2014, 06:42 PM
A sense of humor!
Once the 5th Wheel is in the site my wife and I sit back and have a good laugh about the number of times, back and forth, it took to get the darn thing in place.

suza
08-18-2014, 08:08 AM
My husband thinks I'm silly, but, regardless of the time of year, weather forecast, etc. I always keep a jacket, of some sort, in the closet. On one occasion, we had to set up in the rain and DH refused to wear my purple waterproof windbreaker :D In that case, an extra set of clothes would be nice. Besides, even if there is a nearby Walmart, jackets can be expensive.

SAABDOCTOR
08-19-2014, 07:42 AM
I have no problem with purple!!!:D Barney