PDA

View Full Version : Hornet 31RBDS Brakes

c_spingola
07-29-2014, 07:03 AM
I have a 2010 Hornet 31 RBDS and the time has come to replace the trailer brakes. How much work is this to take on by yourself? They started squeaking pretty bad last trip and I dont want to take the TT out again until they are done. Any idea on cost and time? Thanks in advance!

Ken / Claudia
07-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Could be from rust if it sits alot. Pull one wheel and look. Think about wheel bearing at the same time. All that work is not much trouble. Even utube will have folks showing how. I will guess here a shop would charge 2-3 hours labor and several hundred for parts (I have not done it in about 15 years)

c_spingola
07-29-2014, 09:28 AM
We use the trailer regularly so rust shouldn't be an issue. I will be sure to check the wheel bearings when I have the tires removed.

jsmith948
07-30-2014, 04:27 AM
There are 'ready built' assemblies available at trailer supply places such as Red Neck Trailer (don't know if there are any in your area). The brake assemblies will come with the shoes, magnets, springs, etc. already assembled onto the backing plates. Unbolt the old - bolt up the new. I would check somewhere besides an RV dealer as their prices tend to be higher.