PDA

View Full Version : Front End Cap Delamination

Hunter
07-28-2014, 11:48 AM
I have a 2012 Keystone Sprinter 272BHS and just noticed I have severe delamination to the front of the end cap. And while on are camping trip I noticed yellow stains inside on the ceiling along every frame beam crossing the trailer. This looks as though there is something wrong with the glue.

I put the trailer in storage back in April after a family Easter trip and when I went and picked it up a couple of weeks ago for another trip I noticed the damage to the outside right away. It almost looks as though it melted. I live in Huntington Beach California and it never gets that hot to cause this type of damage.

Has anyone had this type of problem with their trailer???? See Pics...

Jager
07-30-2014, 09:02 AM
What the heck? I have never seen this before.

Hunter
08-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Not getting much help from Keystone on this-- They are saying this is due to water damage without even looking at the trailer. I do not plan on backing down due to the obvious signs of adhesive / glue failure.

JRTJH
08-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Have you had anyone with a good, working knowledge of RV's look at it and give you any information on what they think is the cause? At this point, without an "expert's" opinion, anything anyone says is pretty much speculation. I'd try to get an opinion from an expert before raising a ruckus. You might find that Keystone is correct or you might find that it is glue/adhesive failure. Guessing won't give you much leverage, knowing what caused it will.