PDA

View Full Version : Black water flush is leaking water at hose hook up

Luckybuck55
07-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Got a 342 fuzion , when I hook up hose to flush out it is leaking water out of hose bib I have tried putting rubber hose washer but leaks more. It is flushing tank ok just can not make a tight connection outside. Anyone else got this problem?

therink
07-27-2014, 04:49 PM
I know on my flush connector, the female hose coupler is somewhat deep and requires two rubber washers with some garden hoses in order to get it good and tight (good seal).

Luckybuck55
07-27-2014, 04:59 PM
I tried 2 it just leaked more with pressure like you can't tighten it enough! Water still going in just leaks bad on outside which is the beat place for it to leak lol!

therink
07-27-2014, 05:19 PM
It sounds like you have a bad connector then. Yes, better leaking on outside then inside.

Luckybuck55
07-27-2014, 05:28 PM
I know it is under warranty but is it easy to replace connector

therink
07-27-2014, 05:41 PM
I know on mine it wouldn't be hard, because I can access the backside of my water works Bay from my basement. If it were me, I would email my dealer with a photo of it leaking, pick up the part under warranty and change it myself. Not worth a trip to the dealer in my opinion. I fixed/replaced several warranty related items this way.

Luckybuck55
07-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Will take picture next time when I flush and call dealer, I don't know weather I can get to the backside to replace it is at beach will check when I go back
Thanks for your info

E597283
07-28-2014, 07:07 AM
I have given up on my black tank flush. I had the dealer replace the check valave under vanity but i still get water on the bathroom floor. This flush system is a cheaply made add on.

JRTJH
07-28-2014, 07:17 AM
I have given up on my black tank flush. I had the dealer replace the check valave under vanity but i still get water on the bathroom floor. This flush system is a cheaply made add on.

The flush system on Keystone RV's is installed and connected the same way as the remaining parts of the plumbing system. It's no more "cheaply made" than the hot or cold water supply lines which use the same type of PEX plumbing lines, connectors and clamps. The anti-siphon valve is the "weakest link" and even if the dealer replaced it, there's no guarantee that it wouldn't leak again the first time pressure is applied to it.

Replace the plastic valve with a brass one, then follow the max pressure guidelines for your RV (don't exceed 60 PSI, preferably stay at or close to 40 PSI) and you should have no problems.

For information on changing the anti-siphon valve, do a forum search, there are several different threads concerning this issue and how members solved their problem using different methods.

Good Luck