PDA

View Full Version : 238ML Airconditioner

big_beau408408
07-25-2014, 04:36 AM
Really excited about our first trip this weekend, but I do have a question...
During the walk through, we were told to only run the air conditioner on high cause low or medium will freeze up the unit. Any truth to this? Seems a little silly not to be able to run them at a lower speed. :confused:

Bruce

BirchyBoy
07-25-2014, 04:40 AM
Really excited about our first trip this weekend, but I do have a question...
During the walk through, we were told to only run the air conditioner on high cause low or medium will freeze up the unit. Any truth to this? Seems a little silly not to be able to run them at a lower speed. :confused:

Bruce

I've run mine on low fan for hours without any issue. The fan runs all the time, but the compressor will switch on and off. Pretty annoying to me, so I'm changing to a thermostat setup next spring.

Two suggestions:

1. Have the trailer setup so it is just off level, with the hitch end slightly higher. This will help the water drain towards the back.
2. Clean the inside filter once a week or so. It can get dirty and restrict the air flow, causing issues.

bellsharbor
07-26-2014, 07:42 AM
I have run mine on low without a problem.

Steve S
07-26-2014, 08:44 AM
I've run mine on low fan for hours without any issue. The fan runs all the time, but the compressor will switch on and off. Pretty annoying to me, so I'm changing to a thermostat setup next spring.

Two suggestions:

1. Have the trailer setup so it is just off level, with the hitch end slightly higher. This will help the water drain towards the back.
2. Clean the inside filter once a week or so. It can get dirty and restrict the air flow, causing issues.

X2:) I run mine on low and I've never had any problems with it:)

big_beau408408
07-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Thats what I thought... Thanks!!!!

Tbos
08-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Run my 238ML AC for days on low with no issues. I wish it had a lower speed. We just adjust the temp switch to control as needed. Have fun