PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 - Week 8? Week 9?

Festus2
07-24-2014, 05:21 PM
I've either been away or "busy" and missed Week 7 altogether so here we are on Week 8 - or is it Week 9? No matter. Time waits for no man. This latest edition has a few more "Honorable Mentions" than usual so the list is longer than normal.

Number 5: A common remark made by new members....."Been lurking here for about a week now. " Why is it that the forum attracts so many "lurkers". To me, a lurker is someone who lies hidden in ambush and slinks or sneaks about spying on people. They move in secret - trying to remain unnoticed.
Why do new members lurk? C'mon out in the open where we can see who you are. No need to sneak or spy on us.

Number 4: YUK! :eek: Is the black tank full? Getting full? Half full? Here's a member who has his own unique way of solving this problem. "After a while I just get a feel for the level in the black tank and dump/flush when needed."

Can you just imagine him with sleeve rolled up reaching down into the toilet and "getting a feel for the level"? YUK :eek:

Number 3: This one is from one of our more verbose members who is never at a loss for words. He really went out of his way to post the minimum number of letters in a post.
"Subscribed".

Number 2: What have you learned about camping? Well, this member's Number 1 thing is:

"The campsite I really wanted , the one someone is just now setting up in, would have been available if I hadn't taken the wrong turn at the shortcut through town."

Sound familiar? Does to me.

Number 1: Now, who could possibly throw the baby out with the bathwater? Well, it seems that one of our members might have inadvertently done just that. Here's his advice on giving a bath to a toddler in an RV without a bath tub....
"I know this sounds crude, but a large plastic tote that fits in your shower works great. Sometimes when it is warm out, we would fill it with the outside shower faucet, bath him outside and dump on the ground when done. Our little one didn't care."

Now there's one tough little guy!

Honourable Mention:
1) Ever worked for the government? Here's a comment from one of our members who thinks he might want to...

"I have another two beers to go and I think it'll be good enough for government work. Ahhh.... the old empty bottle count rating system...I know it well."

2) And what about this member who wants to install some black out curtains to keep the sun out?

"The cat does like it when we open the blinds for her during the day but since she doesn't make any payments, I'm not concerned about her opinion."

Nothing like a cat with attitude!

Keep 'em coming! Enjoy.

hankaye
07-24-2014, 06:27 PM
Festus2, Howdy;

Welcome back to the pun patrol, or the journal of jocularity...
whatever one wishes to call this... good to see ya back.

hankaye

Steve S
07-24-2014, 08:43 PM
:):) All good Festus2 you just made my night!(tx)

Kristi
07-25-2014, 05:39 AM
Festus- "away" or "busy".... Hmmm is that code for you've been extra bad & DW revoked your house privileges? :rolleyes: Good to have ya back!

SAABDOCTOR
07-25-2014, 05:43 AM
THANKS FESTUS YOU MADE ME LAUGH:D MY #1 THIS WEEK AT WORK, Young kid pulls up to the gas pumps, gets out walks into the office and asks...." is this a gas station?" nope kid your at the airport... "oh ok and he leaves.! thats my week. time to go camping!!!!:cool:

GaryWT
07-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Maybe someone got mad after the last one...

Lurkers, I think some know that on some forums people jump down others throats if they tow something 1 inch longer than they should so people wait to be sure we are friendly around here.

Festus2
07-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Maybe someonot mad after the last one...

:confused: Not sure what you mean here, Gary. If someone is "getting mad" over the Top Five, then I suppose they can:
1) Send me a PM outlining their reasons why they find it annoying; or
2) Just skip the thread when it appears and move on to something else.

The Top Five is not to be taken seriously or intended to demean or ridicule members. It's just a bit of light-hearted, frivolous stuff thrown in to add a bit of humour. Some may find it amusing, others may not. I can't please everyone.

GaryWT
07-25-2014, 10:50 AM
No me but someone posted on your last one, I forgot what their issue was but you responded I believe.

chuckster57
07-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Jeez...Kids shouldn't be allowed to view grown-up forums.

FESTUS- Don't stop posting, if you can't laugh it will only make you cry.

bsmith0404
07-26-2014, 03:02 AM
My DW's cat was pretty upset that she made honorable mention, but that's what she gets for using my computer.

If you can't laugh at yourself, don't get upset when others do it for you.....geeez people, this world is too serious and politically correct. Keep posting Festus!

GaryWT
07-26-2014, 04:27 AM
Ok, I made my post as a joke as to the delay in this post as if it was that someone found an issue with the last post. No one seemed to remember it and since my wife tells me all the time that I am losing it since I got sick I had to go back. The first response to the last top 5 was that someone finds the post offensive and that is what I referred to.

Was worried that I was going crazy but I guess not.

therink
07-26-2014, 04:39 AM
My DS who I used to bathe in a tote got a kick out of making the top 5. Needless to say that he is now 16 and doesn't use the tote method anymore :)