PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion shattered window

navyav8tr
07-24-2014, 01:50 PM
So on our return from our trip last weekend I got out to take a look around the camper and noticed the window had shattered. Not sure why or how it happened. It appears that this piece alone can be replaced but I am sure once I hear back from the dealership they are going to tell me the whole window has to be replaced.
Anyone have any advice or had this happen to them? Thanks!

3KQ
07-24-2014, 02:20 PM
I have heard of this on several forums. The dealers have told the owners to ensure that the windows are tight before traveling as vibrations transferring into an open window can cause it to break. Others have said that they were on a road surface with a lot of loose rocks and that some may have hit the window edge causing it to shatter. Because of this last reason, some owners are thinking of putting some rubber on the leading edge of the windows.

In essence no one seems to have pin pointed a common cause yet but it is a concern to all of us with frameless windows.

Ken / Claudia
07-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Since we can guess as to what happened. #1 road debris or rocks picked up by someones tire tossed the stuff into the window like on my boat windshield last summer. #2 the window was not fully closed and locked and while driving it came open and was flapping like a bird wing until it broke, similar thing happens to vents left partly open. Replacement of window or glass I have no input.

chuckster57
07-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Whole window can be changed out in about 1/2 hr. Might take longer to replace the one pane.

dave-g
07-25-2014, 01:15 AM
I had one that must not have been latched (exit window). Lost complete window. Got new one from dealer. dropped right in

navyav8tr
07-25-2014, 02:50 AM
My guess is the window shattered as we went over a temporary bridge in the Outer Banks. It was a really rough road.It was fully shut for sure because before I knocked out the rest of the glass everything was in place, just shattered. My hope is I don't get raked over the coals on the price of a new one.

navyav8tr
07-27-2014, 03:52 AM
Just in case this happens to anyone else out there a replacement is $241.83 plus shipping.

chuckster57
07-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Just in case this happens to anyone else out there a replacement is $241.83 plus shipping.

If that's the entire window, I don't think it's too far off.

navyav8tr
07-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Plus $150 shipping and a $30 crate fee. :eek:

gilpinbrewer
07-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Plus $150 shipping and a $30 crate fee. :eek:

Ouch! I would try bringing it by a custom glass shop and see if they can make you a replacement piece that could be glued back on instead of replacing the whole window.