PDA

View Full Version : Picking up our first TT Thursday!!!!

big_beau408408
07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Hello All,

Getting excited to pick up our first TT on Thursday. 2014 Passport 238ML. My family, (wife, daughter, and self) will be taking it on its first trip this weekend. We started like most, tent camping, then pop-up, now TT.

I have my checklist ready and will go through it with a fine tooth comb. This is a great site, and I've already learned so much from it already.

Any tips or advise for my first trip out will be appreciated.

Thanks! Bruce

GaryWT
07-22-2014, 04:29 AM
Congrats and enjoy, how exciting. Tips, make a list so you have what you need and take your time, don't rush think things through. Be sure the water heater is full before you turn it on. Enjoy.

big_beau408408
07-22-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks, Gary!

chuckster57
07-22-2014, 05:31 AM
Congrats!! Like above, make yourself a list So you pack everything you'll need. Try out Everything in your trailer and write down any discrepancies, that way you won't forget if you have to take it back for warranty work. Other than that...ENJOY!!!

Kristi
07-22-2014, 05:32 AM
:wlcm: from Oklahoma. Congrats! "bouncey: Enjoy your new Passport!

Festus2
07-22-2014, 05:40 AM
One tip before you go........ turn on your fridge at least 12 hours (preferable 24 hrs) prior to leaving and stalking it with your perishables. The fridge takes this long to cool adequately.
I assume you have tried out all of your systems to make sure they are functioning -- water pump, fridge, A/C, hot water tank, electric awning, power jacks/stabilizers, etc. Don't assume that everything will work. You might be surprised and just because it is new, it probably isn't "perfect". For various reasons, people seem to have a lot of trouble with the fridge and the HW tank.
Do you know where your water pump is? How to work your remote (if you have one)? Your TV set and antenna? Where all of the pull valves are for your holding tanks? Where your converter is? Breakers and fuses?

You're not a novice so you should have a pretty good idea about camping supplies to bring with you such as tools, spare fuses, and the like.

Have a great first outing and hope it will be trouble and worry free.

Welcome to the forum and travel safely.

bkpp300
07-25-2014, 11:43 AM
:wlcm: From New Jersey

Drive safe!

BirchyBoy
07-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Enjoy the new 238ML. It's great to see so many owners of the same unit as us. You're going to love it!

tenn321
07-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Congrats on the new TT you will love it.It will take you a few trips just to get a system going on what to load ,where to put it and so on.We have cloths that stay in our TT as well as pots ,pans,tools so all we load each time is what we will eat5

HappyCamperMN
07-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Congrats! Go out and enjoy it. Hope your inaugural weekend goes well.