PDA

View Full Version : New Alpine owner

tjb3620fl
07-20-2014, 09:12 AM
The wife and I are thrilled with the new 5th wheel and to be a member of the forum. I have a quick question or 2 were is the DirecTV receiver installed with 2 tvs one in the front living room and one in the bed room. Also the owners manuals seem to be lacking as a matter of fact there is not one there a owner manual for the 5th wheel itself. The 5th wheel is a Alpine 3632frontlivingroom. Thanks and looking forward to being a member.

GaryWT
07-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi, congrats. Don't have direct tv so no help there. Enjoy, many things can be answered by looking around here, others by searching the web. Usually not much of owners manual, not like cars anyway. Good luck.

chuckster57
07-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Did your trailer come with receivers? If not then you need to look for the plate where the coax from the tv attaches to. There should be another connection, that one is for the receiver. Goes like this: FROM sat dish to "SAT" in on the trailer. Then from the SAT connection to the receiver, then from the receiver to the TV. Two tv's will require two receivers, and both tv's will only be able to watch whatever is being broadcast from one satellite if they are both on at the same time.

Next is the subscription. If you have two receivers, you will need two access cards. Adding to your fun: if you venture out past your "service" area, you won't receive the local network stations. That requires another monthly subscription called direct way.

I have had direct TV in my house since 2001, and bought a winguard "carry out" in 2008. I use a receiver from the bedroom since it's on my account, and only use the big tv in the family room while camping. The bedroom gets whatever is available, but I suppose I could move the reciever.

chubasdad
07-26-2014, 03:31 PM
The wife and I are thrilled with the new 5th wheel and to be a member of the forum. I have a quick question or 2 were is the DirecTV receiver installed with 2 tvs one in the front living room and one in the bed room. Also the owners manuals seem to be lacking as a matter of fact there is not one there a owner manual for the 5th wheel itself. The 5th wheel is a Alpine 3632frontlivingroom. Thanks and looking forward to being a member.

The problem with most of the Alpine Bedroom TV set up is there is really no
factory place to put a receiver and of course hide the cables to the TV. If
you use the cabinet next to your TV to place a Direct/Dish Receiver, you
will have to use another cabinet to place your Blue Ray DVD Player and of
course you will have to drill some holes thru the cabinet to run your HDMI,
Sat coax cable, and make it large enough to run the Electrical plug thru. I
love my Alpine but this is one area they missed the boat. Also in Most Trailers
next to the bed there is Nothing to put your Book/Glasses etc on. I made a
Thin Running Board and screwed it on the 2in board above the bed.