PDA

View Full Version : Dryer Vent Installation

mdshay3402RL
07-19-2014, 05:19 AM
I need to install a dryer vent in the closet exterior wall of a Montana 3402RL.

I am concerned about if or where aluminum studding or electrical wiring may be in that wall. I would think Keystone would avoid putting studding and electrical wiring in a wall where a dryer vent could be put, but . . . ???

Can anyone provide insight, pictures, drawings and/or measurements to accomplish this task? Thank you. Mike S.

ocbms
07-19-2014, 02:12 PM
I searched and found your floor plan which different from mine as my washer-dryer is in the bedroom on the left front corner. Anyway I would leery to quote any measurements even I had the same model.
This is how I would proceed. Pick a spot in far back corner of the Dryer Cabinet lower than the Dryer outlet. (lower to allow accumulated moisture to run to the outside). Make some measurement to see where the vent may appear on the outside. Now proceed slowly and drill a hole from the inside towards the outside, no more 1/4 inch in diameter and no deeper than the wall wood ( 3/16 inch ?). this should provide a peek hole and a place to stick a small screw driver, wire, dowel rod or whatever in to determine where structural frame and sewer pipe is located. My finding is most all the time there lots if slack to move wires and water pipes and my guess is your electrical and pumping would not be lower than the bathroom floor. If successful enlarge the hole and drill the outside last.
Secret always do your survey hole where it can be patched and not noticed and the little will be happy.

gearhead
07-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Your dealer should know exactly where it goes. When we bought the Montana we mentioned having the dealer install a washer/dryer in the future. Service rep said no problem, there is a spot designated for the the exhaust vent.
Tow it to the dealer and get them to show you exactly where.