PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin road

Quiroule
07-19-2014, 04:34 AM
I am planning a trip west using Garmin BaseCamp. Going through Wisconsin I noted something odd.

In BaseCamp using car mode, it gives me the following route: from Marinette, route 41 to Charles, from there route 22 Shawano.

But when using the RV mode, it gives me: from Marinette, route 41 to route 141 to Howard, route 41 to route 29 from there to Shawano. This one is considerably longer.

Can-you think of any reasons it would do that.

Thanks

hankpage
07-19-2014, 05:20 AM
This is just a guess but maybe it is doing what it was designed to do. Perhaps height or weight restrictions on parts of 41 or 22. Or avoiding roads that you have programed like "Toll roads", "Single Lanes" or "Unpaved roads" in setup. JM2¢, Hank

Pmedic4
07-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Hey Quiroule, we're currently in UP Michigan, and took 41 all the way from Appleton WI without a problem. We actually came on 21, and it was a fairly decent highway - not that it guarrantees 22 to be good. Looking at Google Maps, see that 41 and 141 run together for quite a way.

schwalbach
07-25-2014, 04:13 AM
I don't have an Atlas handy but I do truck routing for the company I work for, look in the atlas and you will see orange highlights in the Rand McNally atlas, those orange highlights signify that it is part of he national network for interstate truck highway use. Going from memory here but I do not think that road is highlighted and if your GPS s set to stick to national network for RV it would avoid it and go to a highlighted road.

Just a thought.

Quiroule
07-30-2014, 04:56 AM
Thanks you all.

Hankpage, could have been, but I only avoid gravel read and I don’t think that they are.

Schwalbach, I don’t have a Rand McNally atlas but your explanation makes sence.

Thanks again