PDA

View Full Version : front cap

gleanerman
07-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Bought new 2013 280rls cougar nov last year & front cap fading has anybody have this problem ? Do I contract keystone or dealer about is problem?

Festus2
07-15-2014, 09:18 AM
gleanerman -
If you do a forum search on "front cap fading" you will find more than enough threads and posts about this very topic. Included in these posts are steps that others have taken to address this issue. Front cap fading is fairly common on certain models and years of all RV's - not just Keystone.

Not sure how much time you have left on your warranty, but I would "get things moving" now before your warranty runs out.

I'm not trying to avoid answering your questions and concern but this issue has been previously discussed at great lengths on the forum.

I am certain that you will be able to find enough reading material here to keep you busy for some time. If you don't know how to use the Search function or can't find anything, get back to us.

Misft
07-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Our 2013 Keystone Outback 312BH front cap was just repainted due to fading. This was covered under warranty. When I called and spoke with the service department of the RV dealer that we bought the camper from he said that this is a known issue and they have seen several. They scheduled a time for us to bring our camper in for inspection. They had to send pictures to Keystone to get the approval for the fading and other warranty work that needed to be done. I do want to note it took a long time to get the decals from Keystone they were waiting on those for quite sometime. At least that is what they told us.