PDA

View Full Version : Let's make some big money!?

gearhead
07-14-2014, 11:41 AM
After posting and reading others' posts, I have hit upon a veritable gold mine. A gold mine I tell ya! LOL
We could fix RV dealerships repair shops!
Anyone besides me have experience in work flow analysis? We could team up! We will need a really good salesman in a cheap suit to pitch it to dealerships.
Who's in?
Just kidding, but dang they need it.

byrdr1
07-14-2014, 12:25 PM
green belt classes but no belt..
we could do a SIPOC!

randy

Brantlaker
07-14-2014, 12:28 PM
I already do that kind of work for auto dealerships as a consultant it pays very well I charge $450.00 an hr. My 5er was in the shop because the RF tire blew out on the road causing $12,000.00 in damages. When i got it back I told the service manager how they lost close to $1,000.00 in profit because his people were to lazy to locate a wheel,steps and a light fixture. I found and ordered the parts in less than 15 minutes and got them for less money than they wanted to charge me. Plus they had to refund me $1,400.00 for the parts that I supplied.

gearhead
07-14-2014, 01:10 PM
With your background, what do you think is wrong? Do the dealerships pay so little they can't find quality help? Is their workflow process so full of holes and dead ends that they get overwhelmed? Is there no accountability? Is all the money made in the sales office and service just makes money by luck?

Brantlaker
07-14-2014, 06:44 PM
I think the RV Dealers have the old Car Dealer mentality all the money is made in the sale and the service is their only because the Mfg. say that they need one. Go to Camping World and they try to upsell you they look for any thing they can. The CEO tells them they have to produce in sales and service or else their gone.One of my old bosses told me The Fish Stinks From the Head.

bsmith0404
07-15-2014, 03:05 AM
Salesman in a cheap suit....I would have to go get the suit, but I was an Air Force recruiter for many years. If I can sell that I can sell just about anything. I'm thinking about opening an ice store in Alaska for the Eskimo's, this has big money potential just waiting to be tapped.

As for the RV repair centers, when was the last time you saw an add on TV for the RV repair technician training at Wyotech? This is not considered a career in the repair industry. I've never actually seen a job add for one of the positions, but I assume it would read something along the lines of "RV repair technician needed, no experience, knowledge, attention to detail, or desire required."

x96mnn
07-19-2014, 04:49 AM
LSS Black Belt and have a number of projects in the auto industry.

Auto industry has put a lot of effort into making it right to start although the last three years they are slacking. What some dealers I have worked with are doing is looking at the consumer tolerance level and checking to see what makes people come back. For example the average customer with no issues is 80% likely to buy from you again compared to a customer with 1 issues that was looked after is 90%. A customer who had 4 issues and although cared for only has a 40% chance of returning and it drops from there. But if you recognize their issues as a forth and as their salesperson or owner acknowledge their trouble, offer them a coffee that you make, or something free, their return rate jumps back into the high 70%.

RV industry I just think it was not a big enough industry until the past 5 years and lacked composition. Really you either buy a product from Thor or order one from one of the more custom makers. I also think consumers fascination with price and not quality until they have an issues is a larger driver in the industries ability to deliver how it does. In a sense our tolerance level allows it.