PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Patty O'Room on a power awning?

SteveInc
07-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Has anyone try to add a Patty O'Room or something similar to the power awning? Or is the awning shade your only option?

Do you think by adding a support post from the ground to the power awning would help in supporting the Patty O'Room? Has anyone try this or came up with a mod for the power awning?

dandjh1958
07-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Power awnings aren't made for any sort of strong wind so I would think adding a room on it (even if it did work) would be a problem if you needed to retract the awning quickly.
We take a quick-up with walls when we want something more than shade. We camp all year long and it rains 80% of the time. We need protection from the rain and wind. Shade is only needed a few months of the year for us ;-)

I just don't trust my power awning that much. I've seen too many get bent in afternoon winds in Oregon and then the people are banging and cursing to get it back in.

Happy camping!!

Seeyah
07-16-2014, 03:57 AM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LarryL
07-17-2014, 11:39 AM
I made my owe posts, so I could use the Patty O'Room I had.
I will look for the pic and post
Wind is not a big thing after the room is put up,we have
had no problems with wind or rain.

UsTwo
07-17-2014, 12:25 PM
I have and have used the Patty - O - Shade.. with my power awening .. no problems at all...Trout fishing @ Bennett Springs Missouri.. Day time temps 104 + the Patty 0 shade worked amazing...:D

LarryL
07-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Well found the pictures,I used closet rod end holders, mounted on the
trailer just under the awning. have no pic well take one maybe
tomorrow.