PDA

View Full Version : House battery not charging.

ocho
07-13-2014, 05:49 AM
Went to check on the raptor yesterday and the house battery is dead. Its only a few months old so i dont think its the battery. .....yet. I keep the RV plugged in and eveything thats on A/C power works fine. I hooked up jumper cables to start the generator thinking that might help. It did charge the battery but when i shut the generator off and put a meter on the battery, the voltage dropped rapidly. What should i check first? Thanks

Javi
07-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Battery has a short, pull it and go to Wal-Mart get another battery. I say Wal-Mart because their Deep Cycle battery has a 2 year warranty and they will replace it with no arguing. And there is a Wal-Mart in nearly every town.

Oh yeah, pop the caps on your present battery and see if there is any water left... batteries on a charger need to be checked and water added at least once a month or the boil out and go bad.

ocho
07-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Thats kinda what i was thinking. Im going to remove the battery and put it on my charger at home. If it charges, then its something else. I shoud know once i put it on a charger if its shorted. I got this battery at Auto Zone. It has a one year replacement. Thanks