PDA

View Full Version : Solar Screens

Bob Landry
07-12-2014, 12:57 PM
I posted pics of these in a previous thread, but just gave them the "smoke test" this past week. I spent the week on Canyon Lake(Central Texas) with lots of sun and upper 90s for temps. The site was not as shady as I remembered it, so there was a little morning sun hitting it, lots of midday sun, on until around 4PM. I had set the thermostat on 75 last Sunday when I got set up and never touched it all week. The trailer stayed a nice and comfortably cool all week and the AC compressor actually cycled off and on like it was supposed to. My 277RL only has a single 15K BTU AC. All in all, I think the screens were a worthwhile investment and they sure open up camping opportunities for the summer.

The screens are not a cure in themselves. I had also done a lot of taping on plenums and ceiling registers so my loss of cool air into the ceiling is practically non-existant.

Steve S
07-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Hey Bob I must have missed that thread:eek: Can you post up a pic here!

Bob Landry
07-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Hey Bob I must have missed that thread:eek: Can you post up a pic here!

Search is your friend here..

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17480

Ron
07-15-2014, 04:18 PM
A trailer with sunglasses, I like the idea, great job Bob, im sure it helps a lot, you gotta do what you gotta do to stay cool in these things..."bouncey:

Jay Pat
07-17-2014, 03:09 AM
I like this as well!
Pat