PDA

View Full Version : air pocket

tdawg
07-12-2014, 07:06 AM
On the front roof termination strip under 1 of screws sealed with dior it has an air bubble in the sealant, do I remove sealant and air and reseal or leave it alone.

JRTJH
07-12-2014, 07:53 AM
If the air bubble is adjacent to the strip, it may be easier (and just as effective) to make a 1/2" slit in the roof, inject some DICOR self leveling sealant under the membrane, roll it out with a paint roller to re-adhere the membrane to the OSB roofing material and then just extend the termination strip's DICOR line to incorporate the new cut in the membrane. If it's further back and not adjacent, you might consider the same type repair and then put an Eternabond patch over the slit.

chuckster57
07-12-2014, 08:20 AM
We see bubbles and wrinkles in rubber roofs from the factory plenty. If the roof and seam line are intact, it's best left alone. I would never suggest intentionally cutting the membrane.

tdawg
07-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Made a small pin hole in dicor sealant bubble, cleaned and used self leveling dicor. I think the sealant bubbled from the heat.

chuckster57
07-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Good deal. At least your not compromising the integrity of the membrane by cutting it.