PDA

View Full Version : Frame and suspension Failure

depotrpm
07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Have a Fuzion 322, 2010 had been a great trailer, tire failures were many,
finally change to 16.5" tire to solve blowouts. Now the suspension has collapsed, bending the frame rails and the trailer repair shop says can't repair.
No reply from customer support. Sent them photos and several calls. Seems the don't want to see or hear about issues with their design. Pulling with F350

bsmith0404
07-11-2014, 07:10 PM
okay my initial response is DAMN!!!!! I have never heard of a suspension failure so dramatic that it bent the frame. With "many" tire failures over a four year period sounds like there were other issues. Good luck, hope you can find some satisfactory resolution.

GaryWT
07-11-2014, 08:16 PM
So sorry to hear your news. Is there anything that insurance can do? If it can't be fixed, it must be totaled. Anyway, hopefully they will get back to you, can the dealer help at all?

Festus2
07-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately, the warranty on your Fuzion expired 4 years ago and you can be certain that the folks at Keystone will remind you of that. Consequently, you shouldn't expect much in the way of help from them but you might want to get in touch with the manufacturers of your suspension components and explain your problem to them and see what assistance you can get.

SAD
07-12-2014, 03:14 AM
subscribed

depotrpm
07-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the replies. /the Dealer reply was to give us the Keystone Customer Service number you find on the web. All the warranty stuff in in the trailer. 1900 miles from where we are. Be looking into that when we get the paper copies. Nothing on the Keystone site to help with that.

Seems to be a issue with the welding and poor design of the trailer frame.
The little shop in Ely, NV has had 4 Keystones in with similar frame issues.

Regular checking of weight on trailer, esp. with the tire issues. However even thou under the 14,000 lbs of the axes, still we would be weighting in at 13,200
on the heavy trips. Couple of bikes and gear etc, Tire limits of the 16" being in the 14k range at 55mph on cool days. Drive 65-75 at 100+ degrees in the west and therefore tire problems ( or so I thought) the 16.5 are rated at almost 5k per tire.

Pulled great with no sign of tread wear for about 2k miles.

Still waiting to here from AAA on what they cover. Yes a total of the trailer
has been discussed already.

Watch for a rippling or a flexing in the garage is now what I realize was going on with the always loose screws in the kick panels on the walls. Probable related to the flexing on the frame.

Hard to look at the frame with the bottom being so well covered. I would suggest at least feeling the frame behind the tires, which we can feel the bubbles and ripples now.

jsmith948
07-13-2014, 05:07 AM
Well, I've driven some of the highways in Nevada (my DB lives in Jarbidge).
I-80, with its many, many, many bridges over the arroyos, all of which have a 'thank-you-maam' at each end, is not a road that I would travel 75 mph on with a fully loaded RV. Just sayin':eek:

Desert185
07-13-2014, 07:21 AM
When I was a kid, the hwys in CA were good, and the hwys in NV were bad. The reverse is true now. That's why, I think, there are so many SUV's in CA. They handle the rough roads much better.

x96mnn
07-21-2014, 05:28 AM
@depotrpm

Any update on what took place?

SAD
07-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Dawt10characters