PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Jack issues

GAGirl
07-11-2014, 02:14 AM
We've had our Outback Terrain 273TRL for about 5 months now and love it - when we first got the unit, we had trouble with the motorized jack blowing the 30 AMP fuse because we either took it too high or too low - then we just bought a bunch of fuses so we had some when we needed to replace a blown one - then we learned that if you take them too high, the fuse blows - well, now the thing stopped working but the fuse is not blown!!!!! Cannot find the owners manual info - but I recall that there is an automatic stop in there somewhere - we are having to use the wrench to lift up and down - anyone have any ideas of what could be our problem - hate to take it in to Camping World as don't know when we will get it back and this is key camping Season!
Thanks for any help you might offer.:confused:

rrohrer
07-11-2014, 01:33 PM
is it an LCI power jack? If so they just simply aren't very good. They are cheap and put on by the manufacturer. I replaced mine with a husky brute. barker vip are supposed to be good also.

Bulletman
07-13-2014, 03:22 PM
My son cranked ours out too far today as I was not watching and it came apart in our sloped drive. It was secured at the wheels with double chocs so it came down on its intended wood block only damaging the jack itself. :banghead:

We will need to replace the jack but no damage to the new TT itself and most importantly, nobody got hurt.:)