PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issue

Thatsgre8t
07-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Search and found similar issues but never found an answer so here I am. I have a 2014 fz 342 toyhauler. We are on our 2nd day of our third outing with it. Today after cranking the generator and letting the camper cool down with both a/c running, the a/c in garage shut down after 30 minutes or so. Front a/c still working.

Checked breaker, not tripped. Noticed microwave and two receptical outlets in bedroom and one more in garage not working. No meter here to check anything. Everything else is working.

Thought maybe breaker could be bad so swapped it with another one, with same results.

Note: ran gen and both a/c yesterday and last night for approx 13 hrs with no issues.

Any thoughts?

hankaye
07-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Thatsgre8t, Howdy;

Try finding a GFCI that one of them may be plugged into,
find the one with the test/reset buttons. Just my 2 pennies
(WE still have them here in the States :D), worth.

hankaye

SAD
07-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Is the electric element for the hot water heater turned on? Perhaps it's on the same leg as your garage A/C?

Thatsgre8t
07-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Hankaye/SAD,
Water heater is turned off. The GFCI is in garage and was not tripped. It still works.

3KQ
07-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Have you checked the generator circuit breakers in the generator? It has two and one may be tripped.

SAD
07-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Have you checked the generator circuit breakers in the generator? It has two and one may be tripped.

This is what I'm thinking... But trying to think of what other high draw item may be on that leg with the a/c...

The onan5500 has two 23 amp breakers (going by memory here)... 23 amps is enough to run one a/c.... But not one plus HWH (as example)

The genset breakers are on the unit itself.

Thatsgre8t
07-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys, it was one breaker on gen that was tripped. Didn't realize it had two.