PDA

View Full Version : New Tow Vehicle - Thanks for the advice

Dcsdiver
07-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Well, after a little sting in the wallet, I picked up my new 2015 2500HD 6.0 gasser last week. I truly believe I was on the edge of what my 2012 1500 LTZ 6.2 could tow in terms of capacity. I was finding myself thinking over and over what I couldn't bring or load up for a trip, as well as safety concerns for my family and those I share the road with. There were many helpful suggestions about upgrading tires, suspension, etc., etc., on the 1500, but a 3/4 ton is just so much more capable in every aspect.

We are picking up our 2015 Bullet Premier 26RBPR this weekend and think this was the right thing to do by upgrading the truck. I want to extend a big thanks to the dozens of forum members by providing hours and hours of reading, and giving insightful advice that formed my final decision.

Thanks much all!

Sean

GaryWT
07-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Congrats and enjoy. We towed our Premier 31bhpr for awhile with a 150 until upgrading to a 350 this year. The 150 did fine but like you said, you don't have to worry about what you put in the truck now.

bsmith0404
07-09-2014, 02:57 AM
Congrats on the new set up. You will love the 2500. I had two different 2500's before I bought my current 3500, one gas, the other was a dmax. I really liked both trucks, they ride very nice and are great work horses. I used to think they rode too rough and avoided them, but technologies have made the 2500 the truck of choice in my opinion. I now consider a 1500 a car with a bed, modern day elcamino (not trying to offend anyone, just an opinion). I love my 3500 and feel it is the best truck for my needs, but I still miss my 2500.

b.d.m
07-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Congratulations on the new truck. I love the looks of the new Chevy trucks. I refuse to drive one because i dont want to love the looks and the handling and not be able to buy one. So in my mind they drive like a square tire bike.

As for the 1/2 vs 3/4 ton debate. When in college taking a structural engineering class I had a prof say. Its better to be look at it, than looking for it. IE better to over build than under build, better to have to much, than not enough.

Randy_K
07-09-2014, 11:03 AM
When in college taking a structural engineering class I had a prof say. Its better to be look at it, than looking for it. IE better to over build than under build, better to have to much, than not enough.

Then there is the "too much payment and not enough money" side of buying a bigger truck then needed for a lot of us.