PDA

View Full Version : Odd water pressure issue

jkohler70
07-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Arrived a day early to a commercial campground, hooked up, and all was good for a day. On day 2, when campground got busy, we began having water issues. Water would flow briefly from faucets, then stop. Removed hose, and flow from campground supply was strong. Reconnected, and same problem. Disconnected hose and checked flow through hose - water starts, then stops. I assumed a clogged filter and removed. Same problem. Removed everything except regulator, and found the problem. The campground water pressure was TOO high for the regulator to handle. In fact, the pressure was so high, we could feel the ground shaking when opening the valve!
Solved problem by filling the tank and using the pump, but that was a first for me!
I assume they increased the pressure in anticipation of increased use, but we've camped in this same location with no issues in the past.

outwest
07-07-2014, 07:51 AM
I have the same thing happen when I hook up the water at the house. If I open the spigot completely, the pressure is so high that the regulator completely shuts off the water. Imagine my panic and worry the time that I forgot to put on the regulator and didn't realize it until later in the day :eek: Luckily it didn't cause any leaks.

hankaye
07-07-2014, 01:11 PM
jkohler70, Howdy;

Have the exact opposite problem here. The pressure
at the well pumps is set for 65 psi. With a regulator in
the line from the spigot there isn't enough to fully Open the
regulator and I only get a trickle. So, remove the regulator,
things work great till he turns on to much irrigation ... loss of
pressure. Sort of a game now that I've been here almost 2
years now. :banghead:,

hankaye

SAD
07-07-2014, 03:25 PM
I have the same exact pressure at every single campground.... Can instantly tell if my plumbing develops a leak - even a dripdrip.... And have super convenient access to turn off the supply if we leave the RV for a long period of tine...

We ONLY use the pump and tank! Plan works no matter what!

Yak
07-11-2014, 12:25 PM
We ONLY use the pump and tank! Plan works no matter what!

This! Plus you get to monitor your water usage in the black and grey tanks with out relying on those highly reliable;) tank sensors

jkohler70
07-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Not too concerned about the tanks. We almost exclusively camp full-hookup. It's a compromise. I married a city girl, but I could camp under a tree. After an experience tent camping with a mold-ridden shower house, it was either provide her with her own shower, camp alone, or stay home!