PDA

View Full Version : bunk bed Bullet 308BHS

gwbillett
07-07-2014, 04:56 AM
So we got back from our 4 day long weekend trip to find the bunk bed hanging down and the side support rail pulled out of the wall. Nothing was placed on the bunk other than the matress...

I have found that there wasn't really any support studs in the walls for the support rails to attach too. Basically just screwed into the wall. I ended up adding a few more screws and re-attaching the the side rail bracket. I went over to the other side and repeated the process. I'm really dissappointed in the quality. I'm trying to figure out how to create a more sturdy support. The bed is just 1.5 x1.5 wood framing. My daughter only weighs around 75lbs and should be just fine up there giving it has a 150lbs weight limit.

I've had the same issue with the fridge making a hole in the floor where it sits in the outside kitchen. I plan on cutting a piece of 1/4 plywood and staining that and placing it under the firdge before our next trip.

Any ideas on how to address this issue or has anyone else ran into this problem and how did you fix it?