PDA

View Full Version : New member from VA

sherri330
07-06-2014, 03:41 PM
We just bought our 2nd TT. We upgraded to a 2014 Cougar 33RES. We absolutely LOVE it! If anyone has any experiences with similar models that they would like to share, I'd love to hear them. Good or bad.

I grew up camping in tents, pop-ups and truck campers. DH had very little experience when we met. I started him out with 7 years of tent camping before he finally said the words I'd been waiting to hear, "I want to get off the ground and have our own bathroom". Now we're planning to full-time when we retire.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/07/6usejapa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GaryWT
07-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Nice looking camper, congrats. Enjoy being off the ground.

chuckster57
07-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Welcome. Very nice rig!

antiqfreq
07-07-2014, 04:58 AM
Welcome to the forum
and
Congrats on your new camper.

Way to go - get out there and go camping immediately !

I hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

Jo

"bouncey:

Kristi
07-07-2014, 06:37 AM
:wlcm: from Oklahoma. Nice! Enjoy the perks of your new home on wheels!

sherri330
07-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the Welcomes! We have a few short weekend trips coming up, then we're looking forward to a week on the Outer Banks of NC in October.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mespro
07-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Welcome from New Mexico and thanks for the reply.
Only issue I had was the cabinet door on the far right bottom of the entertainment system ( next to the DVD ) it houses the hot water tank. It does not have a latch on the door but instead has a screw in the top to keep it closed. I was told to be sure to double check the doors when opening and closing the slides to be sure they are not open because the slides will hang on them and cause damage. Well I opened the door while exploring and the screw missed the inside of the cabinet face and I closed it back not noticing that it did not have a latch. The next time I opened the slide I double checked the cabinets before opening and sure enough the door had came open in travel. It would have torn something up if I had opened it. I re- angeled the screw so it would hold and haven't had a problem.

My advise is to double check the cabinet doors before opening and closing the slides.

By the way I too love my new Cougar and the wait the night before just enhanced the experience on the first outing.

Happy Camping:wlcm::wlcm::wlcm: