PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 384 A/C not cooling kitchen area

3KQ
07-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Had an interesting discovery when trying to cool down my raptor this afternoon. I had thought that it would be a good idea to run the garage fan on high while running both the main A/C and the bed room unit. I thought that this would pull in cool air from the living area into the garage. However, after running for two hours and seeing just a few degrees difference in temperature, I started to wonder what was happening... A/C's were blowing cold why wasn't it getting cooler in the living area :confused: As I came near the bathroom step I found the issue. Apparently the fan in the garage was pulling in air from the furnace fresh air duct under the stairs and that air was as hot as the outside temp. I then shut off the fan and magically the air temp in the living area started to drop.

Has anyone noticed this issue? I am thinking that the fan in the garage is better suited to pull in air from open windows and should not be run when the A/C is running.

crash
07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
We have never had that problem ,Thanks for posting that.How do you like your 384?

Ron
07-08-2014, 02:02 PM
If you want to cool the garage area, I would suggest to set a small fan on the floor at the entry of the garage inside and pull the cool air across the floor pushing the cool air into the garage and causing the heat to rise and recirculate back to the a/c

3KQ
07-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Ron thanks for the suggestion on the fan. It would appear that it would be the best option short of a third A/C.

Crash, we really like the 384. Of all the toy haulers we looked at, my wife liked the kitchen in this model. BTY did you get a carpet kit for the garage with yours? Did it fit the floor around the side patio?

3KQ