PDA

View Full Version : TV and iPad question.

neesey62
07-05-2014, 12:47 PM
We have the Legend TV and the Jensen entertainment system in our 2011 Cougar. I would like to play the movies on the TV I have downloaded on my iPad, is this possible? Will it work?

Thanks.

mazboy123
07-05-2014, 02:01 PM
of course it will.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS555US555&q=movies+from+ipad+to+tv&gws_rd=ssl

:D

curlyfungirl
07-11-2014, 04:33 AM
We have a samsung tv and dvd player. The thing came with an ipod connect but we tried and tried and tried and TRIED, to no avail to get it to work on the tv. Very frustrating to say the least. What are we doing wrong????:confused:

gkainz
07-11-2014, 02:25 PM
it probably requires a kid to make it work ... that kind of thing happens around here all the time ... and I work in IT! :)

chuckster57
07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Do you mean a USB port? What model?

This help?

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=164049&modelname=FP-T5894W

HappyCamperMN
07-11-2014, 06:09 PM
I haven't done it yet, but I'm planning for something similar...

To make it work you need

WiFi router (doesn't need an internet connection)
AppleTV
iPad loaded with movies / TV shows
HDMI cable

iPad --(via WiFi router) -> AppleTV --(via HDMI cable)-> TV

Not a kid, but I do work in IT and did all the low voltage wiring in our house (telephone, data, cable).

chuckster57
07-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Ah yes Apple TV. Last trip took it, linked to campground WiFi and binge watched "Orange is the new black". We are both retired prison guards.

f6bits
07-11-2014, 08:15 PM
You don't need not much hardware. Just an iPad to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable direct to the TV. This is the adapter I use:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD098ZM/A/apple-digital-av-adapter
Or, for the new IOS devices:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

I'm pretty sure that iPod connect port doesn't do Video.

SAD
07-12-2014, 03:29 AM
Ah yes Apple TV. Last trip took it, linked to campground WiFi and binge watched "Orange is the new black". We are both retired prison guards.

I ~LOVE~ my apple TV.

I have two sets of cables for it.

In my home entertainment center, I have a power cable, ethernet, and an HDMI. These all stay connected to the wall/tv and stay behind.

In the RV I also have a power cable and HDMI cable sitting and ready right inside my entertainment center cabinet.

When I get ready to leave for a trip, I unplug the Apple TV's cords in my home entertainment center and toss the "hockey puck" into my backpack... Simply plug in, in RV entertainment center.... VERY simple.

2014Fuzion300
07-12-2014, 06:08 AM
Don't you need a WiFi connection for the Apple TV to work?

SAD
07-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Don't you need a WiFi connection for the Apple TV to work?

Your iPad and your appletv have to be on the same network.

When I go camping, I take my mifi, appletv and iPad.

I work in IT and am on call 24x7 for production issues. This is the reason for the mifi and iPad. Using the appletv is a nice side effect.

We also use our iPads to read the news in the morning while having coffee. And use the WeatherBug app for looking at the radar when having inclement weather (tornado alley).

SAD
07-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Dawt10characters

2014Fuzion300
07-12-2014, 09:37 AM
I do have an Apple TV at home and I use it pretty much everyday but it is connected to my network. My question is: can I use my Apple TV in my camper when there is not a network available ?

SAD
07-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Dawt10characters

HappyCamperMN
07-12-2014, 10:13 AM
I do have an Apple TV at home and I use it pretty much everyday but it is connected to my network. My question is: can I use my Apple TV in my camper when there is not a network available ?

You need a network, yes. But you do not need an internet connection. Any old WiFi router will work to create a local WiFi network and allow your iPad to connect to your AppleTV.

This will work regardless of location and regardless of network connectivity.

2014Fuzion300
07-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Got it thanks!

JRTJH
07-12-2014, 10:47 AM
You need a network, yes. But you do not need an internet connection. Any old WiFi router will work to create a local WiFi network and allow your iPad to connect to your AppleTV.

This will work regardless of location and regardless of network connectivity.

Keep in mind that if you have a "simple open network" by just plugging in an old router and connecting to it, your IPad contents are probably available to a hacker should one be around and searching. If you do set up a "non-internet" wifi network, you still need to password protect it.

SAD
07-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Dawt10characters

the4ofus
07-13-2014, 11:25 PM
If you have a first generation Apple TV you can load it with the movies and just hook it up via HDMI directly to the TV. Those old ones were not streaming devices, they actually store data like a hard drive. We store about 25 movies on each of our old Apple TVs and take them everywhere. No network, no problem.

For the new ATVs you can just set up a personal hotspot (we just use our iPhones) and have both the ATV and the iPad join it. No internet needed - just the common network. Again, this would play content you already have on your iPad or computer.