PDA

View Full Version : Slide out lights not working

grav
07-04-2014, 07:53 AM
I have a VR1 and the none of the interior lights on the slide out are working. I checked the fuses and all are good. tried the bulbs in other lights they work fine. the porch light isn't working either. I looked at the wires going to the slide out they look fine. I just was wanting to know if anyone had another way to troubleshoot this issue.

hankpage
07-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Somewhere on the inside of the slide, in one of the corners, maybe inside a bench or cabinet is a terminal block (junction) for the wiring in the slide. Remove the plastic cover and check for power there. Be careful ... Keystone in it's infinite wisdom uses the same block for low and high voltage. If you don't have power there, there is a junction box under the trailer ... follow the wire that moves in and out with the slide. These two locations are the most likely spots for loose connections for the slide. :wlcm: to the forum, Hank

grav
07-04-2014, 02:33 PM
I tested the power underneath the seat in the table area and its good. I don't see a box outside under the slide out.

Thank Hank!

therink
07-04-2014, 07:41 PM
There is a metal J box under my main slide for the 12 slide powered lights. There is also the hinged wire support the moves with the slide out. I had a short one time at the hinged support. It sounds like you have a broken wire or ground somewhere.