PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out!

Povo
07-01-2014, 07:44 AM
First, thanks (tx) to everyone who helped me work through my truck issues last year (no, my Ram 2500 wasn't enough truck for the new 5ver). It was worth taking my time, doing the research, and being patient (took a few months for the new TV to be built). So after buying the new Cougar just before winter and having to store it, then getting the new Ram in the spring, followed by a couple of months of crazy busy, we finally are out!! "bouncey:

So here we are: 2014 Ram 3500 (single axle), 6.4 hemi & 4.1 gear ratio & B&W Companion hitch to tow the 327RES. I have plenty of excess towing capacity & weight limitations (depending on how much we load up). I feel very comfortable with our set up.

We are staying close to home in one of our favorite RV parks. Crooked River Ranch is only about 45 minutes from Bend but has a great golf course, restaurant, swimming pool, bit RV sites and great views of the gorge. Took our time as 1) this is definitely the biggest thing I've ever towed, and 2) wanted to make sure everything made it through winter. As it turned out, the water connector for the toilet had a crack but I was able to run into town and get a replacement part (you learn as go :confused:). I was told that particular part is very susceptible to cracking if frozen. I had winterized (thank you Randy for the photos that showed me on how to add a bypass valve to the system) but apparently was a bit too late. Fortunately that was the only damage. Then couldn't figure out why we had no hot water until I found the valve I missed turing. Now all is well.

Anyway were here and everything is working. Now, is it too early for a martini? :cool:

GaryWT
07-01-2014, 07:50 AM
At first I thought you were locked in your rig, lol.

Glad you got our and everything is now in working order.

Enjoy your time, it will be great and remember, it is 5 o'clock somewhere...

SAABDOCTOR
07-01-2014, 09:25 AM
IF YOUR CAMPIN IT'S NEVER TO EARLY FOR :party: TIME GLAD ALL IS WELL AND I TOO THOUGHT YOU WERE LOCKED IN!

murphysranch
07-01-2014, 12:06 PM
8:44 a.m. PST for a martini? Yup. Waaaay to early. Gotta wait till at least noon, so I'm sure you're having a nice chilled on right now! :)

JRTJH
07-01-2014, 12:53 PM
It's always 5 o'clock "somewhere" Enjoy camping and that martini :)

rhagfo
07-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Quick question or two about the old 2500 Hemi.
Was it a 5.7L
What was your rear axle ratio on the old rig.

byrdr1
07-02-2014, 04:17 AM
Povo,
Glad you had a great first trip..
Now you have to just get out and go!!
Enjoy that 327RES!
randy

Kristi
07-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Glad you are finally getting out & enjoying your Cougar! Have a great camping season.

Povo
07-05-2014, 06:31 AM
The last rig was a 5.7 hemi w/ a 3.7 gear ratio. I loved the truck - just wasn't enough.

EVMIII
07-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Have fun, stay safe.