PDA

View Full Version : City Water Won't Flow. Please Help !

Amitzel
06-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Purchased a gently used Mountaineer Montana late last fall. Beautiful RV but, I can not get the city water connection to flow through the camper! I replaced the check valve immediately. I have searched for a valve everywhere with no luck. I know I am missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hankpage
06-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Does it have a winterizing valve on the water pump ???? It may be set in the winterize position. 1/4 turn and you should be in business. :wlcm: Hank

danimal
06-29-2014, 10:59 AM
I had the same problem and it turned out to be that the inline water pressure regulator was bad. I am referring to the aftermarket thing that everyone adds to thier hose so the water pressure does not blow up your trailer's plumbing.

Bob Landry
06-29-2014, 12:43 PM
I had the same problem and it turned out to be that the inline water pressure regulator was bad. I am referring to the aftermarket thing that everyone adds to thier hose so the water pressure does not blow up your trailer's plumbing.

That sounds like a more likely cause. The winterizing valve(s) only bypass the water heater, they don't shut off water flow in the system. I would also look for some kind of check valve close to or at the water fill inlet. It's a common, maybe required, practice to keep your water system from back-flowing into the water source.

If you have one of those cheapie in-line regulators like the Camco, by all means throw it away and get a real pressure regulator.

hankpage
06-29-2014, 12:51 PM
The optional winterizing valve mounted on the water pump draws water from city/freshwater or antifreeze bottle. If the trailer was winterized with antifreeze most likely that valve was not turned back. This has nothing to do with the water heater bypass valve.The only other obstruction on that line is the inlet check valve that you say was already replaced.

Amitzel
06-30-2014, 06:28 AM
Hank,
I do have the winterizing kit installed. However it appears that the valve lets me choose be tween the pump drawing from either the water tank or a jug of antifreeze. Is it safe to assume that the city water coming in to the camper should be on the downstream side of the pump?
For the record, I do not have an inline regulator or external filter in the system.

hankaye
06-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Amitzel, Howdy;

Time to put on the old "Thinkin' Cap"...Perhaps a
conversation with the previous owner (if possible),
to discuss the anomaly if not then I'd start by opening-up
the access panels so that I could eyeball the plumbing run
and see if there are any 'kinks' or other Hidden valves.

hankaye

hankpage
06-30-2014, 07:05 AM
Hank,
I do have the winterizing kit installed. However it appears that the valve lets me choose be tween the pump drawing from either the water tank or a jug of antifreeze. Is it safe to assume that the city water coming in to the camper should be on the downstream side of the pump?
For the record, I do not have an inline regulator or external filter in the system.

There are only two positions on that valve ... turn it 1/4 turn till it stops and see if you get water flow from city inlet. Worst case you will have to turn it back and look elsewhere for an obstruction or a kink in the line. With that valve open you should be ready to go camping. :rolleyes:

Amitzel
06-30-2014, 07:38 AM
Hank,
Unfortunately the previous owner is no longer with us to visit with. I did unhook what appears to be the city water "In" line on the downstream side of the pump. I found a nasty kink in the line below floor level. I am having a real tough time getting the kink out and reconnecting the line because it is very ridged. Any ideas??

RichR
06-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Hank,
Unfortunately the previous owner is no longer with us to visit with. I did unhook what appears to be the city water "In" line on the downstream side of the pump. I found a nasty kink in the line below floor level. I am having a real tough time getting the kink out and reconnecting the line because it is very ridged. Any ideas??

This is may be a crazy suggestion, but can you run hot water into the line to make it a bit more flexible? Or, if you have the line off, warm it up somehow?

Amitzel
06-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Good News!!! After laying on the floor for over two hours and wrestling with the water line I was able to get it reattached without the kink!!Thanks Guys!