PDA

View Full Version : New to Me 08 Everest 320T

fqtravlr
06-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Hello from SC. I have pulled TT's for some time but this is my first 5er. Been out twice and starting to become familiar with it. I usually go alone and backing up just kills me. I feel blind. Thinking of a back up system on the RV.
Pulling with a 2014 F250 gasser (6.2) with 3.40 gears. Very happy with the truck and the RV overall so far. Very small punch list of things to correct. I was hesitant to deal with a big company when buying, and I was most disappointed with Camping World's "Dealer Prep Checklist". The lack of attention to detail is surprising (then again, not really). But, they had what I wanted, so I jumped on it.

I am getting some hydraulic fluid around the pump. Could this be from overfilling? I can't find a leak when moving the slides. Water heater works fine on gas but no joy on electric. I have to suspect the element is bad. My buddy and his wife stopped by on my first day camping and he climbed up in the roof. He tells me the vent cover has roof sealant globbed on it. Looking from the bottom, it looked like a leaf, but closer look shows a huge crack. Why not just replace it? Weird, but that's on the list! Lastly, it seems like the GRAY tank is venting a slightly noxious odor into the bedroom closet in the vicinity of the washer connection. I tightened the plug on the drain, but the smell remains. Any similar experiences?

Thanks! Gerald

GaryWT
06-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Congrats on the new rig and hopefully you will work out the kinks. Always back to the left if possible so you can see.

Kristi
07-02-2014, 06:04 AM
:wlcm: from Oklahoma. Congrats on the new 5er! Hope you get everything sorted out so you can get out & enjoy it.

CWtheMan
07-02-2014, 06:59 AM
I recommend the Everest Owners Club. All Everest owners and loads of information on your model. Mine is an 03 and we've had it since new. Here is the EOC link.

http://www.everest-owners.com/

CW

dandjh1958
07-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Stay safe this weekend!! I heard a bad storm is heading your way.

PS- Welcome from Oregon where we don't have hurricanes!!

fqtravlr
07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the encouragement and the good wishes. CW, I will join you on the Everest site.