PDA

View Full Version : Slide Out Rebuild

MaineLenny
06-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Hi,
I purchased a 2008 Springdale 372BH that needs the large slide out rebuilt. The side wall windows leaked... The previous owner tore it down, re-framed the walls, but stopped at that point. I'm planning on using FRP panels for the exterior side walls of the slide, but what should I use underneath? Plywood? Has anyone ever attempted a slide out rebuild? BTW I love this forum!!

Festus2
06-23-2014, 07:50 AM
While I have never had the need to rebuild a slide out, IF I had to I would use marine grade plywood on the floor. Stay away from particle board or other similar compositions.
Is it possible to use FRP panels on the floor as well as on the sides or is it not "strong" enough for that type of application?

MaineLenny
06-23-2014, 07:57 AM
The floor has been done, and is solid. All I'm looking at now is the exterior slide walls.

Festus2
06-23-2014, 08:11 AM
The floor has been done, and is solid. All I'm looking at now is the exterior slide walls.

I guess I am wondering if you already rebuilt the floor and was it completed, why you asked about what material you should use...... :confused:

Maybe I misunderstood what you are asking about.....

MaineLenny
06-23-2014, 08:13 AM
The floor has already been done. I know that under the tin there is no backing board. but the side walls of the side are Filion. I was wondering what that might be backup by.