PDA

View Full Version : Bent scissor jack

PT RV`er
06-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Well, I was checking out my rig the other day and I noticed I had a bent scissor jack. My rig has been set up for the last 2 months here at the house because of house guests visiting. I can only speculate that it shifted and bent the left front jack. The right side X-chock was loose and the left side was tight. I`ve only been chocking one set of wheels up to this point. I think now I`m going to chock both sets of wheels and then apply my X-chocks.
I googled the part number on the jack and I can get replacements, but these are rated at 2500 pds. It`s hard to believe that this thin metal is rated for 2500 pds, and the slop is unbelievable. I luckily had a spare jack from my previous rig that is rated for 5000 pds. What a difference. No slop in the jack and it`s freak`n solid. Now I think I`m going to swap the remaining jacks out for the 5000 pd`rs. I`m hoping this will improve on the movement after set up as well. Here are a few pics of the bent jack. Cheap crap from where else -China

BirchyBoy
06-22-2014, 03:16 PM
I picked up a NIB BAL scissor jack at a yard sale for $10 to keep in the camper as a spare. The OEM ones are pretty shoddy. I might replace all of them next spring.