PDA

View Full Version : What is it costing me?

schwalbach
06-22-2014, 03:37 AM
I lave my camper plugged in 24/7 at home. Anyone have any idea what it costs a month to keep it plugged in? Any harm in keeping it plugged in 24/7?

Fridge is off most of the time just keeping batteries topped off as don't want it to go dead and kill battery.

SAD
06-22-2014, 03:49 AM
I lave my camper plugged in 24/7 at home. Anyone have any idea what it costs a month to keep it plugged in? Any harm in keeping it plugged in 24/7?

Fridge is off most of the time just keeping batteries topped off as don't want it to go dead and kill battery.

Costs you nearly nothing. If you're only keeping the batteries charged, the converter/charger goes into trickle mode once a full charge is achieved... So it's basically idling....

No problem running 24/7. If there was a problem with it, full-timers would sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter!

GaryWT
06-22-2014, 03:53 AM
My trailer stays plugged in with both fridges running, no issues. Cost, who knows...

Stublejumper
06-22-2014, 06:36 AM

I leave my trailer pluged on 24/7 in my shop to keep batteries charged up and out side fridge pluged in for a beer cooler . With batteries charged and nothing running it tested at 52 watts.

Yosemitebob
06-22-2014, 09:22 AM
It costs about a dollar per watt for the electricity to operate an electrical device all year. I say about as it is an average depending on where you are could be more or less.

So:

It costs roughly $75 to burn a 75 watt light bulb all year.

It costs about $150 to leave a 150 watt computer turned on all year.

Now we could bring up solar, and you would have the cost of the solar unit but it would .....na, forget it that's a different subject.

theasphaltrv'er
06-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Evidently not a heckofa lot ..... Our electric bill, with 5er plugged in to the house this month, was lower than last month when I ran the 5er strictly on solar. Plus this month we had the A/C on allot in the S&B.

JRS514
06-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Got my 5er last May. I leave it plugged in 24/7 for batteries and (Beer) fridge.
Last year it was costing me about an extra $20 per month on my bill, although I can't say it was all due to the trailer. However, when doing research, I realized that my water heater was on and using electricity to keep the water hot . . while the trailer was not being used. Electricity bill dropped as soon as I turned the water heater off. Go figure!