PDA

View Full Version : Electric Awning Question

BC Canada
06-19-2014, 12:54 PM
We have a 2014 Fuzion 301 which has an electric awning how do you tilt it when it rains? The dealer said it will tilt itself?

buzzcop63
06-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Best guess would be that if enough water builds up on the Awning that the shocks, one on each side will allow the Awning to tilt down at a greater angle and thus dump the water. Sorry, I do not buy that, while helping a friend pick up his new 5th wheel at Curtis Trailer in Portland and this during a very heavy rain the new trailer had its Awning out, the salesman who carries the last name Curtis and has been in the business all his life quickly dropped one corner so that the rain would not pool. Later as the storm continued to drop heavy rain Curtis ran the Awning back in for safety.

To adjust the angle of the electric Awning I pull down on the arm by the trailer and then tighten the screw that locks the arm in a lower angle, this way you can control how the sun might hit your trailer or if bad weather it will allow the rain to run off the Awning at a steeper angle.

hoffbrew
06-19-2014, 01:09 PM
I dont buy it either but there is some demos on YouTube. I live in CA and it doesnt rain here anymore, so dont know if it really works.

Steve S
06-19-2014, 01:20 PM
We have a 2014 Fuzion 301 which has an electric awning how do you tilt it when it rains? The dealer said it will tilt itself?

I don't own the same trailer but mine tilts itself. It works great and I've never had a problem with it.
If you want it to drain one way only you can lock one arm and adjust the other one a bit lower. Just remember to unlock them before you pull the awning in!

PARAPTOR
06-19-2014, 01:34 PM
I dont buy it either but there is some demos on YouTube. I live in CA and it doesnt rain here anymore, so dont know if it really works.

Its probaly because you have those side arms on the rear patio awning :D

B&T
06-19-2014, 04:03 PM
The auto tilt may work for some but it absolutely does not on our 18 ft awning. During a heavy rain, got water pooling in the center of the awning. Had to go out and drop one side to get the water out. Had a natural shower for myself that day. My awning material still sags a little in the center from that event.

BC Canada
06-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all the replies :) We don't get much rain so we'll keep an eye on it, if it rains heavy we will just bring it in.

Hercules1978
06-19-2014, 07:21 PM
My 2015 31SQB has an electric awning that has a hinge in the bottom arm that you can set the pitch, no tightening knobs. It also has the "self-dump" shocks.

I've only camped in it once and didn't have any rain. Will see how our goes for the 4th of July when it usually rains during our trip.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ctpd814
06-20-2014, 04:38 AM
If your awning is the same as mine, it has 2 arms and a gas piston. One is a single arm and attaches near the top of the top of the brackets on the side of the trailer. The other is a double arm that the gas piston goes in between. It has a roller on the end and moves up and down in the brackets on the side of the trailer. If you look at the double arm, there is a silver "button" and several holes near the trailer end. Push the "button" in and slide the arm to the pitch you would like.

There should be a red warning sticker near there telling you not to pitch one end too much different than the other.

I will be at my trailer later today and will take a picture.

GMcKenzie
06-20-2014, 05:23 AM
Thanks for all the replies :) We don't get much rain so we'll keep an eye on it, if it rains heavy we will just bring it in.

???

Not much rain? Where in BC are you???? :)

With mine I make sure to drop the side farthest from the door a little to make sure that side is where the water drains off. But I also take mine in if the rain gets heavy.

ctpd814
06-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Here is a photo of what I was trying to explain.