PDA

View Full Version : Passport 2910bh Brakes Not Working

SteveInc
06-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Hello, I have a 2011 2910bh and when I put it in storage last year there were no issues however now all the sudden the electronic brakes are not working. I thought there was something wrong with my truck so I tested it out on my SUV but am still having the same issue. Someone suggested to check to make sure the emergency cable hasn't snapped off and it hasn't.

With both the truck and SUV I've tested, all of the lights (brakes, signals, driving lights) are working just fine. I also tested the brake controllers in both vehicles and they are working fine however when I plug them in the trailer, I don't get any power.

I am not sure where to start to diagnose the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping not to have to bring it to the dealer where they will charge me an arm and a leg for nothing and they are also booked until end of summer.

Festus2
06-17-2014, 09:20 PM
You didn't specify what type of brake controller you have but if you have a Tekonsha Prodigy then you troubleshoot some of possible problems using the Prodigy's diagnostic system. Check the User's Manual for the various flashing displays and what they mean.

No brakes can mean an open circuit somewhere - broken or loose wires, improper grounding or a faulty connector plug. It could also mean poor brake adjustment. I'd be looking at a open circuit and your connector plug as a start.