PDA

View Full Version : 2 Grey Water Tanks/1 Valve/1 Gusher -- Help!

Shewbox
06-17-2014, 05:39 PM
We have a new 2014 Fuzion Chrome 331 and love it but have run across an issue maybe someone can help us with. We have two grey water tanks on our control panel but just one grey water valve on the outside box. When we take the cap off our drain location, even though the grey water valve is closed we get a gush of grey water that has to drain before we can hook up hoses to start to drain black tank and rest of grey. What are we missing? Is there another valve somewhere beside the main one? Or do we have a valve issue for warranty?

Could be worse -- could be trouble with blank tank!

Sure like the black tank flush. How long do you usually run that for?

Thanks to any "pros" for advice.

therink
06-17-2014, 05:44 PM
The valve to the second gray tank is likely open. The 2nd greay tank likely shares tthe same dump pipe. Look for a separate valve handle for the rear 2nd gray tank somewhere tucked up along the frame by the axles on the street side. That's my guess.

kippy
06-17-2014, 06:10 PM
I have a 14 --342 my 2nd valve is under my living room bump out,under the frame. Hope this helps. Kip

JRTJH
06-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Steve's right, Look on the street side, somewhere under the slide, near the axles and you'll find another dump valve handle tucked up under the frame rail. It may be through the frame rail, but probably is through the coroplast, under the rail. Look closely, everything there is black and the handle is black also, so it will blend very well. You may get lucky and see a "Gray Tank" decal on the lower skirt of your slide or just beyond it, but that's only a small possibility.

It's there, just keep looking until you find it !!!!!

Elechaser
06-17-2014, 06:27 PM
The 2 dump valve is located under under the slide just down from the sewer hose connection on the frame rail. Mine is a small silver type handle that blends in well.

PARAPTOR
06-17-2014, 06:29 PM
The valve to the second gray tank is likely open. The 2nd greay tank likely shares tthe same dump pipe. Look for a separate valve handle for the rear 2nd gray tank somewhere tucked up along the frame by the axles on the street side. That's my guess.

X2..... After looking at 331 spec I would say you have two gray tanks , one for Galley and one for bathroom sink and shower. Usually galley tank value near rear axle street side, whereas other one near black tank. Run water in galley and bathroom sink one at a time watching main dump pipe to determine which is open. YEAP better problem than Black tank :eek: My 2 cents

Luckybuck55
06-17-2014, 06:30 PM
this is correct that is where it is located on my 342

pjhansman
06-18-2014, 04:45 AM
I use one of these to avoid those little "surprises" when a valve is left open.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/twist-on-valve/27868

tmpaes
06-21-2014, 06:36 PM
I had the same problem with our Cougar. My problem was the handle either was not installed or fell off. I found the threaded insert tucked up where the drain pipe entered the coroplast. I would poke around in the area the drain pipe enters into the coroplast and see if you can locate the shaft for the drain valve. You might have the same problem I had.

vampress_me
06-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Our handle fell off the after our first outing, so we at least knew where the valve is supposed to be. There's about 1" of threaded rod sticking out from the Coroplast next to the frame rail under the living room slide, not the easiest to see unless you know where to look. Waiting on a new handle, so in the meantime have locked 2 nuts on the rod and use them to pull valve out with a pliers so we don't ruin the threading on the rod.

Bob Landry
06-22-2014, 10:00 AM
I use one of these to avoid those little "surprises" when a valve is left open.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/twist-on-valve/27868

I use one of those also and leave both grey valves open so that the grey tanks fill up equally.. Otherwise the tank for the galley fills and backs up long before the bathroom/shower tank fills up. This lets us get through a long weekend easily without having to use the blue tote to dump grey water.

Furry_people
09-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Our 272bh control panel has 2 grey water tank indicators. But we are apparently stupid and don't see 2 grey tanks under the TT. Help please!

chuckster57
09-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Your not stupid at all. It's common practice for all the RV manufacturers to use the same control panel for a number of different models.

drewsa
09-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Fuzion 390 2013 I have a total of three tanks, two tanks valves where in the utility garage buy the water and power connections, one for the shower/sink & the other for the toilet, but the other one was down under the first rear axle where you have to stand on your head to open and close, this empty the kitchen sink and rear toilet, very poor idea, My answer to the problem was to remove all valves and replace with Drain Master electric operating ones and added a forth valve at the discharge hose connection for added safety from taking a bath. a far amount of work and bucks but well worth the trouble