PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment center speakers/TV

smarkley18
06-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Can anyone tell me how or if you can get the TV volume through your campers speakers that are in the ceiling. I have the all in one unit on but have been unable to figure it out. :banghead: 2014 RIPR premiere.

Steve!teresa
30 RIPR Premiere

JRTJH
06-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Try putting a patch cable from the TV Headset plug to the stereo "AUX IN" plugs. There should be two inputs on the stereo, a red and a white one...

GaryWT
06-17-2014, 01:23 PM
When you use the radio to play a DVD the sound is through the ceiling speakers but the tv sound comes from the tv. We bought a DVD player so when we watch movies the sound comes from the tv. We do not have speakers in the bed room so sound in the rest of the trailer did not make sense to us.

smarkley18
06-17-2014, 06:38 PM
The speakers in the ceiling work fine with the DVD. It I'm assuming the Sansui TV isn't the greatest quality so you have to max out the speakers to hear it I'll check behind the TV for a speaker jack and put some small speakers behind the TV. Any other suggestions?? Thanks everyone.

Steve/Teresa
2014 30RIPR
Camping as I write this!!:D

JRTJH
06-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Plug a patch cable in the TV speaker (headset) jack and plug the other end of that patch cable in the AUDIO IN or AUX IN jacks. Red is right and white is left. Then turn the stereo to AUX and you'll get the TV sound played through the stereo.

smarkley18
06-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks I'll try that should be able to handle that. "bouncey:

Steve/Teresa
2014 30RIPR

Ken / Claudia
06-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Mine works thru the DVD speakers when watching the TV, it came that way. I believe that with the TV on menu it was listed there as on/off ext. speakers. I made it play like that before the 1st camp trip. My TV is a toshiba and DVD jensen awm965.

Dave in Va
06-18-2014, 12:53 PM
For now I'm using a nice set of computer speakers, on the shelf below the TV.

jsmith948
06-19-2014, 06:18 AM
Our model Toshiba only has digital audio output - we had to get a converter that goes to the analog aux input on the Jensen. The Toshiba's speakers were so tinny sounding (combined with my 'flight deck' hearing) that I could not hear the t.v. at full volume :banghead:

mespro
08-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Had the same problem, got the dvd player book out and it said push the aux button until it says AV in F, and they work fine now

dirt33
08-11-2014, 07:33 PM
I changed out the factory 19" Jensen TV for a new 24" Vizio TV that is bigger, thinner, and lighter. I ran an audio cable from the headphone jack on the back of the TV to the Aux 2 cable on the back of the Jensen stereo. Now, listening to the TV sound through the trailer speakers is MUCH nicer. Only problem is the Jensen will only go up to 39 volume. It is "OK", but with the air conditioner running, I certainly wouldn't mind if there were a few more volume notches that it could be turned up. EDIT: determined that my TV volume (that was sending the sound to the Jensen stereo) was turned down low and was on "Fixed". Changed it to "Variable", can now control the Jensen stereo volume through either the stereo or the TV. Big time improvement. Can actually hear the TV when the A/C is running now.