PDA

View Full Version : Elizabethtown/Hershey Koa

crash
06-17-2014, 02:38 AM
:soapbox:We just stay there for 4 days .I would recommend that you stay away from this one .The staff is really rood,its not milatary friendly,the grass was over grown ,they put us in it looked like a gravel parking lot ,the site next to us sewer over flowed on to our site and all they did was put lime down couldnt even let dogs sit outside asked to move or refund but they didnt, on top of that the campground was infested with flies we had fly strips up just trying to help NOT.:banghead: Just trying to save some of you some money.

XLite28SGS
06-17-2014, 03:24 AM
We stayed there last year (4th of July-4 nights). Worst KOA we have ever stayed in. My PMS shut power off (low voltage) on a regular basis and I was running refrig. & water heater on gas. Power went off completely one afternoon & stayed off for several hours. Staff & owner were rood and unhelpfull. We put a patio matt down on the gravel/dirt outside our door that extened onto the grass area about 8" (no grass just dirt). Owner came by and said get matt off grass (?). We tryed to explain but were told "My campground - My rules - move the matt or leave. I can go on and on but had enough.

Allan

crash
06-17-2014, 03:50 AM
We have already reported them to the Koa headquaters since this is a privetley owned campground and they said they will be looking into it further.This place doesnt live up to the Koa standards and needs to be pulled from the Koa name.:D

dandjh1958
06-17-2014, 08:07 AM
I agree with reporting bad experiences when traveling. When I worked, I traveled about 35-42 weeks a year and stayed in mainly the Intercontinental chain (Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn express, Candlewood suites etc).
If the hotel didn't stay up to the standards I knew to be expected, I always reported to headquarters. Sooner or later, the individual hotel usually lost their branding or shaped up quickly. Headquarter expects high quality from all their sites but can't get around to all of them to check them out. They love to hear from travelers.
I know campground chains are very similar. Heck, even the state campground like to know how they are doing (at least in Oregon.....). We let them know both the good and the bad. Helps fine tune the operation.
I hope reporting this sub-standard campground helps them clean up their act!!

Happy camping!!

GaryWT
06-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Never been and never wil, thanks for the heads up and sorry you did not have a good time. Stayed once at the Hershey park campground and enjoyed the bus service.

koko
06-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Glad you reported them. We love KOA; and whenever we have a bad experience with one, we always let the head office know about it. We feel we're doing the company a great favor - they want a good reputation!

crash
06-18-2014, 02:14 AM
We are already planning a return trip back to that area but it wont be at elizabethtown /koa we will get closer to lancaster we love the Bird in Hand area with all the shops,farmers markets and brewerys :D:party::party:We had a great time and still didnt do everything there.