PDA

View Full Version : Transfer switch Burn

Al Sandoval
06-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Have a 2010 Fusion 322 toy hauler had problems on the Recall transfer Switch
It burn up and took out all the Appliances
And burn the wiring on the 110
Now Keystone said that they only are responsible for the switch and they will not paid for damage to the wiring and Appliances
My argument it's the Defective part cause all the Problems why are they not Responsible for the rest of the damage
What action can't I take to get this solve.
Need some input please.

jsmith948
06-17-2014, 03:34 AM
You would think that damage caused by the failure of a recalled component would be covered? If not, Have you checked with your insurance?

JRTJH
06-17-2014, 03:42 AM
The best bet, I think, is to discuss the issue with your dealership. It gets to be difficult when you consider that Keystone issued a recall a couple of years ago and you didn't have the defective part replaced during that recall. Whether it's Keystone who failed to contact you or you who failed to take it to the dealership is a significant issue and one that has to be answered before getting the work paid for.

There have actually been 3 recalls for the problem affecting your Fuzion. First in December 2010, superceded by another recall in February 2012 and finally a third in February 2013. It will be difficult to prove that Keystone never contacted you about any of those recalls.

If it was Keystone's fault you didn't get notified, then you've got a better chance of forcing the issue. If, however, they sent you a letter and you failed to have the defective switch replaced, then they have met their obligation.

Discuss the issues, the time lines and the potential payment with your dealer. If you're not satisfied with the answers you can contact a lawyer (expect big bills) or possibly NHTSA for some advice on what steps to take next. About all I can tell you is, Good Luck. Keystone's legal pockets are a lot deeper than most owner's can match and more often than not, the one with the ability to pay the lawyers is usually the one that prevails.

In the absence of any help from the above, you can always file a claim with your insurance company for the loss.

Good luck,

Al Sandoval
06-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Thanks but I am Asecond owner so no I was not notify about this recall
According to the repair dealer. I am facing a 6 Thousend dollar repair bill
And keyston it's only covering a 300.00 part and that's all.
Very happy Customer. I am 2000 miles away from home paying Hotel bills
And they tell me the it will take at least 3 weeks to get the part in
But if we don't fix and repair the wire harness the it was burn
It wil not do me any good.

jtyphoid
06-18-2014, 03:12 AM
Keystone provides a list of recalls on their web site, and you can call them with your VIN and they will look it up for you.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully, reading about this will remind other used RV and vehicle buyers to contact the manufacturer to find out about any recalls.

Hopefully your insurance company will cover it.

Ken / Claudia
06-18-2014, 08:42 AM
If you have a unlmited amount of time and money, the person who owned it, if never fixed it, knew about the problem and did not tell you, that could be the one to go after. My guess is you could spend thousands to blame keystone and in the end they would prove they send the recall notice. Sorry about the problem.

kellydog98
08-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Wow, hopefully you weren't out on the road when this occured. What a PIA to have to go through.